Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
paknari
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
What it if she has cancer or has to do dialysis? I highly doubt that the principal doesn't know but I would be pissed if a nosy woman was prying into my medical business. By law a job has to allow time off for that kind of stuff and you as a teacher can roll your sick days from year to year so she might have the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
5 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I'd say a brain tumor or cancer or probably something serious. I don't think she'd still have her job if she just took time off constantly and didn't have a legitimate reason to do so.
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. Also I would be pissed if someone called my personal phone especially when I didn't give them the number. She had every right to be mad at your rude intrusion and to tell you not to call.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know she's not sick? She could be battling cancer. Or her husband could be deathly sick. If the school allows her to be gone than there is a good reason. You had no business calling and asking her like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

If you are concerned about subs, ask for your child to be transferred to another class.

danijean
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly! My daughters third grade teacher this year had cancer. She missed quite a bit of school and before Christmas break she was only there maybe one day a week. She passed away new years day. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know she's not sick? She could be battling cancer. Or her husband could be deathly sick. If the school allows her to be gone than there is a good reason. You had no business calling and asking her like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this

She is a teacher not a slave, she has a right to her privacy and to be off as allowed and may be subject to the FML regulations. Please back off, you've no right to behave in this way. If there is some kind of problem being created by her absences then you can speak to the principal but only ABOUT THE PROBLEM and not, in any way about the absent teacher or why she is absent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

she does NOT owe you kind of explantition!  its none of concern!!

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
You DON'T deserve to know. It isn't any of your damn business you nosy busy body. Maybe she is sick? Ever think of that?
Obviously if she still has her job the school knows why she isn't at work and is okay with it. Get a life it's not like your child is sitting in an empty classroom.
kailalaila
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

NO you do not deserve to know, what makes you think that she has to answer your phone call. she doesn't have to answer any of your questions that pertain to her being out. the principle was correct in not giving you any information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)