Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (91-100):
MysticalKnight
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this

Keep pressing like this and you could end up in court. Switch classes if it is effecting your child's education. If not than shut up and leave the poor woman alone before she has a restraining order. If it gets to that point you do realize you will not be allowed at school functions where she present.  They would side with her and you will no longer be a part of your child's school life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I would think it was medical, most likely Cancer from the sounds of how much time she is missing.

I would also make it my business to know why.  It is a COMPLETE disruption to the classroom having her in and out like that. 

When I was in 5th grade, I had a teacher with cancer.  She told the whole class that there would be times when she had to leave for periods of time.  Well early in the school year she left ,October?  I believe it was around december that we were told that she had passed away.   She was REALLY one amazing lady that I will always remember.  Even though it was tramatic at the time, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I  am honoroed to have met Mrs. Michelle.

momof3boys1110
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Nosey much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

! It is up to her principal - her boss - to decide what is excessive or not. Perhaps she has an FMLA qualifying illness. However, HIPPA regulations would prevent anyone from telling you that. Let's not overlook the fact that you basically stalked her to find her phone number and then called her at home.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be annoyed but what I'd be doing is talking to the principal to ensure that my child's education is not suffering. That should be your only concern. Not satisfying your nosiness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this

If her child's education is suffering and she really cares about that then she needs to get him switched to another class. But it seems she only cares about WHY the teacher is not around. She's a bored SAHM that just wants to be nosy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It is her business if her child's education is suffering.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's none of your business. Maybe she has a medical condition that she does want to disclose because she doesn't want her students to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously? So the teacher doesn't pay taxes too? Their own taxes go into their own paychecks too. When a parent tried telling me that I told them "the last I checked your name is not on my pay check" 

Quoting Anonymous:

My tax dollars pay that teacher's salary!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

You do not deserve to know her personal business.   Nor do you have a right to call her private phone to find out why.   As for your tax dollars, they are now paying the substitute.  

Mommy383
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
My concern would be a bunch of different stubs coming in and disrupting my child's overall learning experience. However I would not call her home.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

1- You are crazy!!! You don't secretly call the teacher at her HOME unless SHE gives you her HOME phone number.. if you want to get ahold of her,  you contact her via her extention at the school, or through an e-mail or parent teacher meeting!

2- The priniciple doesn't have to explain ANYTHING to you about why a teacher ia frequently absent.. 

3- You can't MAKE them tell you anything!

If you are concerned that her absesses are creating problems with your sons education, you CAN request that your son transfer to a different class.   There is this thing out there.. called FMLA (family medical leave act..) that allows you to take time off for medical reasons 

• Twelve workweeks of leave in a 12-month period for:
    • the birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
    • the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
    • to care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
    • a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
    • any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty;” or
  • Twenty-six workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered servicemember with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the servicemember’s spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin (military caregiver leave).

The teacher only has to contact her boss about needed FMLA and provide the proper documentation to her boss about the leave to be approved.. she has NO responsibility to inform YOU of her time taken off. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
4 moms liked this
I would have cursed you clean the fuck out if you called my personal phone demanding details of my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)