Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to be nicer to other members on CM...and here's why.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
11 moms liked this

It's easy to bash another mama who is strugglingwith a situation you've never been in or can't ever picture yourself in.

It's easy to toss out a hurtful remark and go on about your day...not realizing how that remark stays with the person you directed it towards.

It's fun for some to get a reaction after they've hurled out some hurtful remarks.  Maybe even a game.

CM is notorious for mean women responding in hurtful ways...especially with the Anon button...

And I'm included.  And I feel remorse.

So...after reading this (below), I've decided that I'm going to be nicer to other mamas on CM, and I'm going to try my hardest to be the type of person in the prayer below, written by Saint Francis of Assisi.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
... to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

You may not agree with the "Lord" part or the "Eternal Life" part...but the rest is generic enough to allow for anyone.

So...who's with me?

And yes, I'm doing this Anon because I'm too ashamed to openly and publicly admit I've been wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM
9 moms liked this

ermka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I've never been mean under my sn or anon, but kudos to you for being aware & making an effort to fix it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
20 moms liked this

If you're too ashamed to admit it publicly, then you haven't truly repented or taken full responsibility.  

Not that I'm surprised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ElitestJen:

If you're too ashamed to admit it publicly, then you haven't truly repented or taken full responsibility.  

Not that I'm surprised.

See what I mean?

Not everyone takes  Billy Graham's altar call to come forward to the front of the auditorium to ask for forgiveness.  Some may sit silently crying in their seats and ask for that same forgiveness and have the same repentant heart.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't taunt people anonymously. If I did and I was really sorry about it, I think I would admit it under my screen name. Maybe that's just me.

chercaruso
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree wholeheartedly that in the week I've been on CM, I've seen some pretty immature and hurtful remarks and comments.  I thought this was a place where women come together and are united.  I'm starting to change my mind.

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Not that I'm surprised.

See what I mean?

Not everyone takes  Billy Graham's altar call to come forward to the front of the auditorium to ask for forgiveness.  Some may sit silently crying in their seats and ask for that same forgiveness and have the same repentant heart.

Bullshit.  

Those who "repent" and hide are simply afraid of being held to a standard.  What you say here is cheap.  You aren't and won't be held accountable to any of it.  Accountability is the key to change.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
5 moms liked this
I was interested in reading this, then religion came into it and I rolled my eyes and backed out....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arimaur
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

i think it would seem to me that you would be more sincere by not being anon...but I am glad to hear that you have realized your actions and words, and in doing so will help you feel better and lead by example for your children.

have a great day!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
HAHAHAHAHA

Quoting Junesmommy18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN