Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is not reverse racism.

Posted by   + Show Post

It's just flat out racism.  People are racist to white people.  It happenes, a lot actually.

There I said it. Bash away.

*edit to add*

Me being irritated that I was taught in school, and my son has been taught that racis, towards white people is not in fact racism but "reverse racism" like, we are some race-less people who are free game does not in fact make me a racist.  I hate racism of all types.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (151-158):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM
cry me a river
sidneyb
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Wiley college was up until a lawsuit a few years ago. And jarvis christian college is all black. They are in tx

Quoting JakesMom712:

Can you name one all black college?

Quoting AleaKat:

All black college= yay equality

All white college= racist bastards

Overcompensating for one side doesn't make it equal .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I'm not being an ass but I don't understand what you mean. You had to leave school?

Quoting LuckyMa113920:

I went to a school where I was the only white girl in 9th and 10th grade. I was reminded of what color I was on a daily basis. Keep in mind, I had been at the school since 6th grade. When highschool came around all my friends, who were black, left to go to bigger hs. I stayed. I guess the kids in hs were rasied different because finally I had to leave. Being suspended and getting intofights all the time was for the birds.
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM

The course is being segregated, not the students and BHM is not a requirement. If only changing a curriculum were that simple. 

Quoting 428pm:

Perhaps in the states, I learned about all of the important North American history in my school however.  And there is black history freaking month.  In school I learned about notable events such as Rosa Parks, Martin Luther, Malcolm X, underground railroad ect.

If our curriculum needs to be changed, then change it, dont reinstate segregation.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

We shouldn't, but it's unfortunate that a lot of the curriculum hasn't changed to be more inclusive of other aspects of national history.   

Quoting 428pm:

but the point is, why should we?  Either way would be wrong wouldnt it?

And we dont pay for school here ;)

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

If it's with your own money, I personally wouldn't. Even if anyone did have an issue with it, it's your money and people can either decide to go or not. 

Quoting 428pm:

aaaahh, I see now.  Do you think people would be perfectly fine if I opened a say, "caucasion centered school"  

I think people would have an issue with it.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I agree with the post, I don't agree with the point of that particular reply. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Ignorance has no race, and stores believe the customer is always right. Everyone probably has a story involving racism, the point is to not let that make you hate the whole race because of one or a few people.

Quoting Cbreland07:

You said its focus is meant for black students... That is geared toward a specific race.. And if you don't see it as racism that's great but I live in ms and that would mean a revolt if there was a school where the focus was for white students.

I worked at gap for a while and I seriously had issues not becoming a racist myself because of the way the black ppl treated me. I actually had one lady that came in regularly and said "it's about damn time a white person served us". She would literally throw clothes on the floor so I would have to pick them up. My manager who was black saw this and told me I could go to the back any time she came into the store.

Now if I had refused to "serve" her because of her race I would be in a hell of a lot of trouble but she was allowed to treat me like crap and I couldn't say a word cause she was black.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

This particular school is not geared towards a race.  I don't think anyone would have an issue with any program/school open to all that was teaching about a specific culture. A lot of schools do that already. 

Quoting Cbreland07:

And what would happen if a school was opened that is for all races but geared towards white ppl? Racism would be screamed from the rooftops. Her point is if racism is wrong, it should be wrong across the board and not just against races that aren't white

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Here's the info I found

The program is open to students of all colors and backgrounds from across the city, although its focus is meant to engage black students in particular, who drop out in higher numbers partly because some find the curriculum does not seem relevant. 

It seems to me the school is open to anyone, it just wants to focus on those students who are of afro descent who otherwise would drop out from a traditional school because lack of interest in the non-afrocentric curriculum. 

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/education/article/1258953--africentric-high-school-launches-with-just-6-students

Quoting 428pm:

they started a afro centric high school in my city, only black people are allowed to attend.  

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I'm not getting your point?  I didn't know there were any all black or white schools/colleges left?

Quoting AleaKat:

All black college= yay equality

All white college= racist bastards

Overcompensating for one side doesn't make it equal .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Because in every circumstance the white guy is really more qualified anyways, they just pick minorities so they don't get in trouble. @@

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Reverse racism is what people who are against affirmative action say happens to the white guy who doesn't get that slot in college, job or promotion but instead goes to a minority.  

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Of course ppl are racist against white ppl. I'm not that familiar about the term reverse racism though..

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Heck, all the public schools in the city of Richmond is mostly black, because the white parents have either moved to Chesterfield Co or Henrico Co or put their kids in private schools.  

Quoting sheymann:

I've never understood why people call it "reverse racism". 

It's really terrible though, I live in Alabama and in high school, kids kept getting suffled between the three schools because there wasn't a high enough "black" population in two of them. They would rezone so that the schools were 60% "back" other wise it was "seperate but equal". Meanwhile, one of the schools was 99% "black". Which of course wasn't racist at all.

sheymann
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Well where I went they were bussing kids and hour or two across town to make sure the school wasn't "majority" white. They never bothered bussing white kids to the black school.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Heck, all the public schools in the city of Richmond is mostly black, because the white parents have either moved to Chesterfield Co or Henrico Co or put their kids in private schools.  

Quoting sheymann:

I've never understood why people call it "reverse racism". 

It's really terrible though, I live in Alabama and in high school, kids kept getting suffled between the three schools because there wasn't a high enough "black" population in two of them. They would rezone so that the schools were 60% "back" other wise it was "seperate but equal". Meanwhile, one of the schools was 99% "black". Which of course wasn't racist at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured