Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What makes your family unique? OH! WAIT ONE MORE! (Edit in red)

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 141 Replies

I was considering this question after reading an article on-line, and I began to mentally list off the reasons why the "Bitterroot" family is unique:

• We live in Montana
  • We are a fly fishing family
  • My husband is a fly fishing guide in the summer time
  • We love to kayak and hike our mountains
  • We have all girls
  • We own a 1906-Victorian, antique home
  • We enjoy camping
  • We eat healthy
  • We attend church weekly
  • We own a coffee house
  • We love to live a green, organic, natural, simple lifestyle by gardening, recycling, upcycling, buying organic foods, growing organic gardens, cloth diapering, use mama cloth (google it), bake from scratch quite often, and love to make our own butter
  • We have a naturopath as our family doctor who treats using natural methods (like herbs or dietary changes) before prescribing a pill or antibiotic.
  • We don't watch TV, and we don't have cable/satellite.  We have a tv, yes, but it's strictly for family-type movies (which we rarely have time to watch.)

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying what makes us unique.

So...how about you???

Join me at GONSL - Green, Organic, Natural, Simple Living - on Cafe Mom! http://www.cafemom.com/group/18883

Join me at TUH - The Urban Homestead - on Cafe Mom! http://www.cafemom.com/group/111920

Join me at V/V - Vegetarians/Vegans - on Cafe Mom! http://www.cafemom.com/group/118097

green ribbongardeninglove you sign

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bitterroot
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM

BUMP

USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We married very young

DH is a marine

we move frequently due to ^^

DH and I make dinner as a couple. (it helps us communicate and listen and its fun doing things together)

DH has been very hands on since I have health issues and cant always be the mommy I want to be.

We sit down and set up a budget the day before payday no matter what

We volunteer every chance we can.

We both have had health issues and stand by eachother no matter what, I think that makes us stronger.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
We are pretty typical.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

We married very young DH is a marine we move frequently due to ^^ DH and I make dinner as a couple. (it helps us communicate and listen and its fun doing things together) DH has been very hands on since I have health issues and cant always be the mommy I want to be. We sit down and set up a budget the day before payday no matter what We volunteer every chance we can.

This made me smile because it's pretty much us exactly =)

Bitterroot
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

We married very young

DH is a marine

DH and I make dinner as a couple. (it helps us communicate and listen and its fun doing things together)

DH has been very hands on since I have health issues and cant always be the mommy I want to be.

We both have had health issues and stand by eachother no matter what, I think that makes us stronger.

Many families/couples don't sit down to dinner together.  That IS unique, LOL, and so good for the family, too.

Budgeting is a lost art in lots of American families.  Kudos!

Volunteering is a great way to give back to humanity.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

We are an all natural, crunchy kind of family.

We eat all healthy, organic foods, recycle, compost.. we avoid buying anything chemical for cleaning, we breastfeed and co-sleep, we avoid vaccines, we don't medicate our kids unless absolutely necessary, etc.

We are an Atheist family who values critical thinking, science and reason.

We are very family oriented. My husband and I do EVERYTHING with our kids. We love camping, hiking, beach combing and playing paintball.

We are obsessed with the outdoors.

We love to read and learn. We love science, art, music, politics, the environment.. we love to learn as much as we can about everything.

We live in the country on 15 acres of land.

We have been together for 12 years, have 3 perfect kids and a German Shepherd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM
We are happily not married.
We are both public servants.
Our son is in therapy full time. (PT, ot, speech)
My mom is our full time babysitter
supercarp
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Everyone in my family is extremely intelligent and funny. Our family get togethers are fantastic. Everyone likes to discuss all sorts of things, even religion and politics and we can agree to disagree. No one gets mad, at least not for long. We are very close.

USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Thanks. WIth the life we live, we find it important to have those family times. As far as budgeting, we work very hard to know that we will have everything we need :)

Quoting Bitterroot:

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

We married very young

DH is a marine

Many families/couples don't sit down to dinner together.  That IS unique, LOL, and so good for the family, too.

Budgeting is a lost art in lots of American families.  Kudos!

Volunteering is a great way to give back to humanity.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I live where the gold rush happened, I have always been around gold, and my dh is a gold miner. pretty unique even where I live :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)