Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sorry but i dont feel bad her baby died!!! edit, more to this story!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 161 Replies

my mother just told me about a woman she works with that just had a stillborn baby, she told me that everyone at work are putting together donations for the family and doing meals for them while they get stuff i  order. its always sad when you hear that a baby has died but then my mother told me that the reason why the baby died was because the woman had refused an induction and c section because she wanted to let things happen on there own, even though the doctors told her that she would need to be induced. she was 12 days past her due date and her body was showing no sighs of going into labor. they had also told her that her baby was starting to show signs of distress but the woman still refused, she didn't want the scars from a c section and thought that if something was really wrong that she would go into labor!?

well that didn't happen, her baby died two days later and was delivered stillborn. naturally everyone is pretty upset about what happened and the loss of a sweet little boy, but my mom says she cant feel sorry for her because it was her own fault for not doing what the doctors said. normally i wouldn't agree with things but in this case i kinda almost feel the same way.

would you feel sorry for a woman if this happened to her or would you think it was her own fault?

<<EDIT>>

the lady had a midwife, not a normal doctor and was told that her baby could be in destress but going to the hospital was her choice because it didn't look that bad at the time. she could go and probably be induced or have a c section, or wait it out and see if she would go into labor on her own. i guess this was maybe Friday that she was told this and she choose to stay home, she finely went into labor Sunday but the baby was still born when she delivered Monday morning.  this is being told by my moms boss who i personally know, i have made his kids birthday cakes and he called to ask if i would make one for the lady and her family.

its so sad that she could have maybe gone to the hospital on Friday and had her baby be born alive!?... maybe it was sudden and the baby just died right before it was born, i don't know. but I'm going to do a cake for them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bitterroot
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I'd still feel sorry for her for making the wrong decision for selfish reasons:  Like not wanting a scar from the c-section and out of ignorance.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM
5 moms liked this
Nit wanting scars is a selfish reason, but I think there is more to it than that. I blame all of the hype about hospitals always pushing for c sections and inductions for money. Some women need to be a little flexible. Its horrible and I would feel bad for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
17 moms liked this

You can have empathy for her and not be sympathetic, thats okay.

Anonymous
14 moms liked this
No matter what choices she made, a baby is still dead. It is a tragic situation and this poor woman will have to live with the guilt the rest of her life. I dont think you need to blame her, just recognize the tragedy, sympathize with the loss of a child and move on.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I would feel sorry for her.While you dont agree with her choices. I dont understand how you can not feel bad for her. her child died. That is the plain simple truth. Its heartbreaking for anyone that happens to. She is probably a CM mommy that read all the BS posts about C sections here.

Anonymous
2 moms liked this
Its her fault. The dr warned her and she refused everything that could have saved the baby. If she had gotten the c section the baby would be alive.
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Both. I'd feel bad her baby died but I'd still think she's was stupid with the decisions she made.
Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
5 moms liked this
I feel sorry for the child who never got a chance at life due to his mother's ignorance and selfishness. I do not feel sorry for the mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course I feel bad for her. I'm sure if she could change her decision now, she would. She's probably going to spend the rest of her life feeling guilty, even without others judging her.

Fatal_Frost
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd still feel bad for her, she thought she was doing the right thing for her and it backfired...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured