Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$16,000.00

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is what me and SO is getting back in taxes. We went to H&R block last night, the IRS won't view them until the 22nd so we have to wait... but we don't mind. LOL... (:
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
You have a Ph.D. and can't even spell Bachelors? Damn. That's a shame.

I couldn't afford to keep taking loans to keep attending college once I realized my child needed weekly doctors appointments and multiple medications. Hey, you see, there I go. Contributing to the economy with paying for my child's medicines and all my copays. I'm such a horrible irresponsible person for putting their disabled child ahead of an education.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have two children, one disabled and I don't collect disability on him even though I could. I have a BA that I owe fucking money for thanks to the schools promoting college will get you a better job and more money. You are the one who had FOUR so it's your fucking fault not mine that you didn't close your legs and now have to work 60 hrs a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

At $9.50 an hour 40 hrs a week I make a whopping $19k a year and that's because of my "education" and "experience". Many of my coworkers make $7.75 an hour. I work in child care so rich snobs can complain about eic while their husband works and they sah

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called a tax return, not a gift, so I am getting back $12k after we file. If I did not file, we would get nothing. Regardless of what we do or don't pay in taxes, we do contribute to all the businesses we purchase from and the sales tax we pay goes to the state as well as any tolls we pay to get to and from work, so you're quite welcome. Without the working poor there would be none on top because you aren't the one cleaning your fucking room at the hotel or bagging your fucking groceries now are you or cooking your meal at the restaurant it washing dishes at the restaurant etc
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

About $2k combined

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

We'll be getting back about $12k we are not married and each claim a child with him as head of household and me as single our combined income this year was about $25k

What did you and he pay in?

Please don't post false information.  You are not "getting back" about $12k.  You are getting back about $2k, which means you don't have any federal tax liability.  Thanks for nothing.  And your getting a gift of 10K.  Courtesy of the people who do pay taxes.

PLENTY of single people can do those jobs-you see single people wouldn't GET what you are getting in EITC-UNLESS THEY FIRST have children they can't afford to support.

And shit-you aren't even working full time for that -because at minimum wage you would earn more if you worked fulltime.

Rich snobs-I am a single working Mother who has 4 children.  I REALLY dislike working 50-60 hour work weeks so someone who popped out kids like a pez dispenser without the education or experience to support them can work 3 months LESS a year and get some of MY money to support HER choices.

You support your kids and I will support mine "kay? Let's leave Uncle Sam out of it.

No you dont get it-I work 50-60 hours a week because that is what my position entails. I have a PHD and jobs that come with that kind of money REQUIRE more hours.  I don't know many people with 6 figure incomes who work 40 hour work weeks.  Look at the kind of work weeks Dr's work-you get the education-and you have to work for that money.

I would prefer to KEEP more of what I work for.  I had 4 children KNOWING I could afford to support them. I spaced them so I could afford the childcare bills and continue to have a lucrative career.

I just wish other people would have the same consideration and support THEIR kids themselves.  So I didn't have to kick in.....

And JUST a bachalors isn't really enough in many cases-as I am sure you are finding out aren't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Lucky you! We are gonna owe 2,500! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Is what me and SO is getting back in taxes. We went to H&R block last night, the IRS won't view them until the 22nd so we have to wait... but we don't mind. LOL... (:

JLah
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I wish I got that much back. We usualy get a little over $3000. Wonder what we are doing wrong?

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I think it is charming. "Hi, my name is, I live in xxx, state, and please come rob me because I have $10,000 and a flat screen tv :D"

Quoting OneToughMami:

I am not jealous of anything but why is this becoming a trend on here to post what you are getting back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We claim 0 deductions during the year. We have lower monthly paycheck, but our returns are often significant (although not that high). We also have business expenses, mortgage deductions, charitable donations....

Quoting jcm28:

how ?

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I mean they might as well just hand out their address. I am still laughing about the lady who was shit talking the poor WIC mama that got her identity stolen by a WIC employee...she basically said it's because she was poor...like MENSA called for you dear...

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I think it is charming. "Hi, my name is, I live in xxx, state, and please come rob me because I have $10,000 and a flat screen tv :D"

Quoting OneToughMami:

I am not jealous of anything but why is this becoming a trend on here to post what you are getting back?

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM

That's what I do. Why? I don't know...my mom has a CPA license and told me to do it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We claim 0 deductions during the year. We have lower monthly paycheck, but our returns are often significant (although not that high). We also have business expenses, mortgage deductions, charitable donations....

Quoting jcm28:

how ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Are ****

Not is! Ffs
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM

It happens every year on here during tax season.  I personally don't like anyone knowing my business but don't care either way if someone decided to post theres.

Quoting OneToughMami:

OP that's awesome.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM
How do you guys know right now? We haven't recieved anything. We gets tons of tax documents from different places.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)