Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$16,000.00

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is what me and SO is getting back in taxes. We went to H&R block last night, the IRS won't view them until the 22nd so we have to wait... but we don't mind. LOL... (:
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (201-210):
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Damn even with me claimin 2 kids i get about 2k and yes i work full time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:38 AM
How does that work? I work full time at min wage and claim 2 kids but i get about 2k back.

Quoting Anonymous:

What did your dh make for the year? $20,000 or less

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM

What was his gross income?

Quoting Anonymous:

8700 head of household. 3800 for me and DD.

Quoting keeler_s:

How the heck are you getting so much back?

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM

how in the hell do you ladies get so much back?! We got like 4,000 back last year... my mom got 10,000. I was like...what the?!

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

8700 head of household. 3800 for me and DD.

Quoting keeler_s:

How the heck are you getting so much back?

Those numbers sound like DEDUCTIONS, not REFUND. The refund is not broken down by individual.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You have a Ph.D. and can't even spell Bachelors? Damn. That's a shame.

I couldn't afford to keep taking loans to keep attending college once I realized my child needed weekly doctors appointments and multiple medications. Hey, you see, there I go. Contributing to the economy with paying for my child's medicines and all my copays. I'm such a horrible irresponsible person for putting their disabled child ahead of an education.

Quoting Anonymous:

i have a disabled child as well.  To the point where she couldn't attend high school for a year. But guess what-I got my education BEFORE I HAD KIDS. Yep-college-grad school-marriage-then sex-then career-then  we had kids.  Yes I was MARRIED to the same guy for all 4 kids. Imagine that.

You want to compare insurance costs?  I pay $3000 for my share of my insurance and then $6000 in copays-and I ALWAYS spend it all.

By the way-I would strongly suggest you get disability for your child-because THEN the co-pays will be covered. If that is a factor.  WITH a disabled kid at home your Fafsa will also look better. Opening up the opportunity for scholarships and grants and internships. My oldest daughter (the one with the disability) is now in a PHD program-the $50K plus in tuition fees and books is covered by her internship. We got squat for college-but Grad school is a whole nother ballgame......my income became less important and her past  sucess in college MORE important.

_cloudy_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM
it's a MC tradition.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I am not jealous of anything but why is this becoming a trend on here to post what you are getting back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called a tax return, not a gift, so I am getting back $12k after we file. If I did not file, we would get nothing. Regardless of what we do or don't pay in taxes, we do contribute to all the businesses we purchase from and the sales tax we pay goes to the state as well as any tolls we pay to get to and from work, so you're quite welcome. Without the working poor there would be none on top because you aren't the one cleaning your fucking room at the hotel or bagging your fucking groceries now are you or cooking your meal at the restaurant it washing dishes at the restaurant etc
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

About $2k combined

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

We'll be getting back about $12k we are not married and each claim a child with him as head of household and me as single our combined income this year was about $25k

What did you and he pay in?

Please don't post false information.  You are not "getting back" about $12k.  You are getting back about $2k, which means you don't have any federal tax liability.  Thanks for nothing.  And your getting a gift of 10K.  Courtesy of the people who do pay taxes.

get over yourself.  the rest of us pay all those other taxes too.  and federal income taxes--which you DON"T pay.  and we work too, BTW.  you're nothing special.

mmeredith
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We can't even guesstimate ours this year - every year before this things were so much the same, but we've had so many changes in the last year that it could be interesting. I think DH is getting his hopes up too high though.

That's how we are this year. We've always been about the same. This year though I've worked more and we had some other big changes. DH wants to do a vacation, pay off car taxes, all of us new clothes, some things we need around here, pay hospital bill & savings. I'm just not thinking we will have enough for everything.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
We just bought our home so we won't have a change in taxes this year. It will be interesting to see what it does to next years though ! Plus another kid to claim.

Quoting CocoaKisses70:

When you own a home you get back way more,Not everyone is getting money back just because of EIC. Kids and a home are your biggest tax shelters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)