Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$16,000.00

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is what me and SO is getting back in taxes. We went to H&R block last night, the IRS won't view them until the 22nd so we have to wait... but we don't mind. LOL... (:
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (211-220):
SusanD
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I might get a couple hundred bucks due to overpayment on my part because of several changes in our income, etc.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh it gets better. The welfare queens with more than 3 kids actually have some one else claim their "extra" kids to split the "extra EIC". You can only claim 3 kids so if you have more it won't affect your tax return. So if you have someone else claim the kid, you both can get more $$$ brilliant right ? EIC needs to go.

Quoting areles:

the eic officially pisses me off now.

Quoting Anonymous:

We'll be getting back about $12k we are not married and each claim a child with him as head of household and me as single our combined income this year was about $25k

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Quoting Mychele:

We just bought our home so we won't have a change in taxes this year. It will be interesting to see what it does to next years though ! Plus another kid to claim.

Quoting CocoaKisses70:

When you own a home you get back way more,Not everyone is getting money back just because of EIC. Kids and a home are your biggest tax shelters.

The difference between having kids and a home and EIC is that ONLY the EIC (well the child tax credit also) is MEANS tested-the mortgage deduction is available to anyone who has a mortgage.  the child deduction is available to anyone that has kids-EIC is NOT available to all-instead it is a form of PA DESIGNED and INTENDED for the working poor-which has been extended far beyond it's original scope.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I'm pretty sure you can. You can't file married but separate and claim EIC.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't claim eic under head of household

Quoting areles:

the eic officially pisses me off now.

Quoting Anonymous:

We'll be getting back about $12k we are not married and each claim a child with him as head of household and me as single our combined income this year was about $25k

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I plan to not partake! I will rebel! lol

Quoting _cloudy_:

it's a MC tradition.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I am not jealous of anything but why is this becoming a trend on here to post what you are getting back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM
No thanks, I don't care to. We pay to have our taxes prepared professionally, so I trust them to know the tax laws.

We aren't married, and I didn't work. He could claim me as a dependent under head of household.

This was a few years ago. I work now, so it's a moot point.

Quoting FL2AK:

Go read the head of household section at IRS.gov.

Quoting Anonymous:

He can if they're not legally married and she does not work.

My SO claims me under head of household. We only get about $1,500 back on our tax return, though.

Quoting FL2AK:

You need to review the tax laws, he cannot claim you under head of household. He can the children though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

throwing up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
never claimed to be special.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called a tax return, not a gift, so I am getting back $12k after we file. If I did not file, we would get nothing. Regardless of what we do or don't pay in taxes, we do contribute to all the businesses we purchase from and the sales tax we pay goes to the state as well as any tolls we pay to get to and from work, so you're quite welcome. Without the working poor there would be none on top because you aren't the one cleaning your fucking room at the hotel or bagging your fucking groceries now are you or cooking your meal at the restaurant it washing dishes at the restaurant etc
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

About $2k combined

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What did you and he pay in?

Please don't post false information.  You are not "getting back" about $12k.  You are getting back about $2k, which means you don't have any federal tax liability.  Thanks for nothing.  And your getting a gift of 10K.  Courtesy of the people who do pay taxes.

get over yourself.  the rest of us pay all those other taxes too.  and federal income taxes--which you DON"T pay.  and we work too, BTW.  you're nothing special.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
How does one get that much? Am I missing something?

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

We did a double check and now we are getting 13,600.00 LOL So glad we did it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Somebody please explain to me how ppl are getting so much back?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN