Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

50% off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
How many of you can't figure out 50% in your head?!?! It amazes me at work how many customers say "excuse me, how much would this be if its 50% off?" Or the fact that we have price guides everywhere and the dummies still can't figure it out!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope anyone can figure out fifty percent off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I don't believe you! :O
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chasesmum3109
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Lol really that's easy. All the percents are but that's the easiest.
Perfect.Pixie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I love percentage! Never had that simple problem :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Lots of stores have random prices marked all over their merchandise. For example, if it was originally $36 and it has $30 handwritten on it, is it 50% off the original price or the marked down price?

Or just be happy that customers keep you busy so your boss sees that your job is important and cannot be cut.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

wow

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
50% off $100 is $86.23 right?

Totally kidding.
DeathGoddess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM

i get confused whether it is 50% off the original or marked down price. The signs are sometimes worded wrong. Then I will ask a salesperson how much it is and I know for sure which prices to go by.

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly! If the item is originally $100 and marked down to $70, and there's a 50% off sign next to it - Will it be $50, or $35? I'm not an idiot, and I doubt your customers are either. Forgive us for not knowing how to decipher all the confusing sales mumbo-jumbo =/

Quoting DeathGoddess:

i get confused whether it is 50% off the original or marked down price. The signs are sometimes worded wrong. Then I will ask a salesperson how much it is and I know for sure which prices to go by.

Samantha_McKay
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Could be a legit question even if they can do the math based on it's tag. Most stores these days stick things on a rack but don't re-tag things, then stuff going on sale. For instance I hit a sale and the shirt I bought was 50% off the lowest price, but it was still marked $24.99 and I ended up paying like less than six bucks for it. Sometimes you have to ask someone with a scanner or someone that can scan it to see what price something actually is.

That said, I'd hope everyone would be able to do the simple math. But sadly I know that's not the case. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)