Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are your biggest complaints about DH/SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine are

#1. SO will not clean the inside of the toilet after he poops. He will take a clorox wipe and clean the lid, but that's it. Disgusting!

#2. He will not put toilet tissue on the roll.

#3. He turns the shower head towards the back of the shower. When I turn it on, water goes all over the floor. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now, lol.

Thankfully these are small things, but they still drive me crazy, lol.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Just that he snores. :) but I deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Plays video game to much
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
He talks too much...but he's gone a lot so he wants to talk to me because he misses me, so I never say anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I got anxiety just reading this!! Lol.

Quoting livn4hevn:

This couldn't have come at a worse (or maybe BETTER) time....

So today I got up and I said we needed to clean the house today. It was just untidy and annoying. I wanted to do a bit of deep cleaning too- I hadn't cleaned around my washer/dryer in a few months, and I knew there were missing socks back there, etc.

Anyway, so as I got started I decided "you know, he NEVER cleans the bathrooms, or mops/sweeps or vacuums." so I said "would you rather sweep/mop the main level, or vacuum the stairs?

He chooses to sweep/mop the main level. JUST the main level, mind you.

So I go to the basement. My laundry area is pretty big- and it includes the water heater/furnace, and two storage closets. I cleaned and organized the closets, swept/mopped the laundry area, moved the machines and cleaned behind them, dusted off the cabinets, windowsills, cleaned the window etc. Then I cleaned a bathroom (shower, toilet, sink, floors, one window, dusted cabinets, washed mirrors), then I went into the messiest room in the house, the play room/office and straightened up all our papers, organized our bills, emptied trash cans, cleaned up the kids toys and reorganized them, washed and sanitized some of them, cleaned up the books, the crayons, the play dough... all the freaking LEGO's on the floor, filled a black trash bag FULL of broken toys and trash and papers and w/e else...Then vacuumed the floors down there, and up the stairs.

He was still working on the kitchen when I came up. Hadn't even STARTED sweeping or mopping. On top of that, the kitchen looked like a hot mess. I have NO IDEA what he cleaned. Seriously. In 45 minutes, my kitchen looked exactly the same and he was rinsing off a sponge...slower than molasses.

So I proceeded to sweep and mop the entire main level... his level. And vacuum the hall rug and living room rug. And clear out some clutter by the fireplace, and clean out the fireplace, and sweep around it, and dust the TV and electronics. And windex the windows... and take a box fan outside, rinse it off and let it dry. And about a million other things (took the couch apart and vacuumed it, moved it so I could sweep/mop UNDER it, etc).

HE WAS STILL IN THE KITCHEN.

Ya. Homey hadn't finished that one room... I was halfway done with the ENTIRE REST OF THE HOUSE.

It wasn't until I was already done vacuuming up the next set of stairs, had cleaned the kids' bathroom, and picked up/vacuumed in my boys' room that he finally finished whatever he was doing in the kitchen. And asked what he could do. Um... anything. Do anything. And don't make it take all day. Deal?

I was so freaking mad. lol.

TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
That he goes to bed at 7 pm every night
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Sometimesssss... He reiterates too much lol.

But he catches himself and is getting better :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM

1. He is a negative nancy.. all the time.

2. He has no respect for our home. for instance he spills his stupid pop all over and doesnt clean it up. i usually find the sticky nasty mess the next day.

3.He is a mommies boy.. nuff said

4. He plays video games at least 6 hours a day.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

He loses things.  Expensive things.  Necessary things.  Keys, headphones, you name it.  Can't keep up with shit because he doesn't pay attention.  He's lost a $500 wetsuit (left it on a park bench when doing open water swim training, and forgot about because he started talking to someone).  Lost $300 headphones, left them on a plane.  A number of phones.  Keys (some have never been found).  And this was just THIS YEAR.

I call him the absent minded professor, but that shit is getting old.

livn4hevn
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM

lol!!!! Oh it came to yelling. It NEVER comes to yelling with us. We are calm. But I was like, shaking and hyperventilating and so ticked off I was literally seeing RED. It took everything I had not to cuss like a sailor in front of my preschoolers and call him every name running through my rage/turrette filled mind.....lol.

You have NO idea.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I got anxiety just reading this!! Lol.

Quoting livn4hevn:

This couldn't have come at a worse (or maybe BETTER) time....

So today I got up and I said we needed to clean the house today. It was just untidy and annoying. I wanted to do a bit of deep cleaning too- I hadn't cleaned around my washer/dryer in a few months, and I knew there were missing socks back there, etc.

Anyway, so as I got started I decided "you know, he NEVER cleans the bathrooms, or mops/sweeps or vacuums." so I said "would you rather sweep/mop the main level, or vacuum the stairs?

He chooses to sweep/mop the main level. JUST the main level, mind you.

So I go to the basement. My laundry area is pretty big- and it includes the water heater/furnace, and two storage closets. I cleaned and organized the closets, swept/mopped the laundry area, moved the machines and cleaned behind them, dusted off the cabinets, windowsills, cleaned the window etc. Then I cleaned a bathroom (shower, toilet, sink, floors, one window, dusted cabinets, washed mirrors), then I went into the messiest room in the house, the play room/office and straightened up all our papers, organized our bills, emptied trash cans, cleaned up the kids toys and reorganized them, washed and sanitized some of them, cleaned up the books, the crayons, the play dough... all the freaking LEGO's on the floor, filled a black trash bag FULL of broken toys and trash and papers and w/e else...Then vacuumed the floors down there, and up the stairs.

He was still working on the kitchen when I came up. Hadn't even STARTED sweeping or mopping. On top of that, the kitchen looked like a hot mess. I have NO IDEA what he cleaned. Seriously. In 45 minutes, my kitchen looked exactly the same and he was rinsing off a sponge...slower than molasses.

So I proceeded to sweep and mop the entire main level... his level. And vacuum the hall rug and living room rug. And clear out some clutter by the fireplace, and clean out the fireplace, and sweep around it, and dust the TV and electronics. And windex the windows... and take a box fan outside, rinse it off and let it dry. And about a million other things (took the couch apart and vacuumed it, moved it so I could sweep/mop UNDER it, etc).

HE WAS STILL IN THE KITCHEN.

Ya. Homey hadn't finished that one room... I was halfway done with the ENTIRE REST OF THE HOUSE.

It wasn't until I was already done vacuuming up the next set of stairs, had cleaned the kids' bathroom, and picked up/vacuumed in my boys' room that he finally finished whatever he was doing in the kitchen. And asked what he could do. Um... anything. Do anything. And don't make it take all day. Deal?

I was so freaking mad. lol.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Always trying to grab my butt and squeezes toothpaste in the middle of the tube.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN