Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this too much to ask? *edit to clear some things up*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 161 Replies
1 mom liked this

I should have mentioned my sister is a disaster, she is staying at my moms house why she is out of town for work and I walked into a stinky, nasty mess with laundry everywhere. We grew up the same, we grew up making out beds and cleaning up after ourselves. My mom is a neat person too, she grew up military and taught us the same. My dh is someone whos neat also. So YES I have to mention loading dishes because she wouldn't do it and I don't see how hard it is to wanna load the dishes after they use them? The only dishes it will be are the ones SHE and my kids use, I also don't think it's too much to ask to have the counters and table wiped down. Also I said I would drop them off at her place but she insisted she come here and stay the night because she doesn't wanna clean up the house for a 2yr old.

YES my kids pick up after themselves after playing with something, I use to allow them to destroy there rooms and they would refuse to clean them and it be a battle for HOURS they are 6, they are old enough to clean up. The playroom is also a tv/computer room and I refuse to have leggos and books everywhere. YES my kids make their beds in the morning, it was how I was raised and how they will be too. I don't expect it perfectly but it gets done, even my 2yr old tries (on her own will) I make my bed every morning to this day. My sister knows how I am, I would expect she keep up with my house on her own but knowing her she would destroy it in the 12hrs I will be gone. I would rather bring them over to my moms where she is staying but since she is insisting staying here why should I wanna come home to a dirty house?

MY sister is coming to watch my 3 kids Friday night so my dh and I can get a hotel room for my bday and have one night off. She is coming to OUR house to watch them, I offered to pay her but she said no it's her bday present to me. I emailed her with a list of things. I plan on buying papa murphys pizza so she can just cook that, I have paper plates and paper cups, my house is always clean (we my dh and I are both neat freaks) so cleaning shouldn't be an issue. Anyway this is what I emailed her.

J,

There are a few things I like to go over before Friday. I plan on buying pizza and would like to know what you would like plus any sodas, snacks, desserts you'd like too. I don't mind the kids having sugar please keep it to a minimum and bed time is no later than 9pm so they are not exhausted the next day.

For play time please have the kids pick up after themselves, especially if they move rooms or make too big of a mess in one room, also in the play/tv room if they move on to another activity please have them pick up the first activity before.

If you use any dishes please make sure they are rinsed and put in the dishwasher, all counters and table are wiped off and do a quick sweep of the floor.

Bed time is pick up showers, teeth, story bed. For pick up. They need to pick up the rooms before showering, this includes under the beds and any big trash on the floor. Showers please use the towels left out and marked, the floor towel needs to be hung up afterwards, even if it is wet please hang it up and let me know the next day so I can exchange it out, I don't like wet towels in laundry baskets.

For the morning time. They are to be dressed and beds made before breakfast, they know this so it shouldn't be an issue, please have T or yourself make M's bed. If you do decide to sleep in our bed please make it upon wakening. Also if you could do a quick wipe down of bathroom counters after brushing teeth/cleaning faces that be great. After breakfast please rinse and load the dishes.

I think that is all, if there is anything I will write it down to go over Friday, Thank you love, B

All she sent me is "outrageous" and put on her fb that Friday is gonna be hell. Now I could understand if it was at her house but is it really to much to ask for seeing as she is staying at OUR house and I would really like to leave a clean home and come home to a messy one that I have to clean?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow. Way to thank her. You sound so uptight.....
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
4 moms liked this
And I would have emailed back "nevermind."
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
18 moms liked this

Yes, I really think it is. She is watching your kids for your birthday as a gift and you are giving her a list of chores. For God's sake she is their aunt not their nanny and she should just be allowed to play with and have fun with your children as she sees fit. If you can't handle not controlling every thing that happens while you're gone perhaps you need to stay at home. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM

You are a little bit of a control freak, aren't you?  IMO, you should let your kids have a fun evening with their aunt and leave it at that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I think that I would change my mind as well. It sounds like you think that she is incompetent. A few instructions is in order. I feel that since she is your sister she probably knows your style.

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Wow, I wouldn't know how to respond to that...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
4 moms liked this
You're getting a babysitter, not a damn maid. For free!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armstrong7984
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM

ya i wouldnt do all that for my sister!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Holy crap. I would back put of babysitting if I were her. That is such an uptight, control freak list.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Yup.

Quoting kgsharber:

And I would have emailed back "nevermind."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)