Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Lesson for a 15 year old. *EDIT!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Back story: my husband and my 2 young kids live with my MIL and DHs 2 teenage siblings. Yes I know this is a problem in itself and we are working on moving out. Anyway, so my MIL and me alternate weeks when we cook. This week is mine. We are low on money so I'm doing easy simple dinners. I said something like so I'm doing rutabaga egg nests and bacon tomorrow. Basically the rutabaga is hash browns. The 15 yr old girl said "ew that's nasty I'm not eating that." I was like do you even know what a rutabaga is?! You like potatoes don't you? Tastes just like it but more nutrients. She made another comment under her breath and I said "ya know what?! Why don't you make dinner for once?" She again bak talked me and said "ha I'm not making dinner that's stupid." Ohhhhhj giiiirl. Lol I was furious. Of course her mother did NOTHING. As usual. I always am getting lip from her.

So last night I was thinking about it. I was like what would I do if my kids acted that way when they are older. Got it! Give them $15-20 no more than $20. She has to plan out a dinner for one night. Take her to the store but she has no help with finding the ingredients. Catch is it has to accommodate the other sibling who is dairy and gluten intolerant. Then after she gets the stuff pay for it with the money. Come home and prepare it by 6pm. Set the table. Put the food on plates to serve. Then after dinner clean up the kitchen exactly how it should be done.

That's how me and my MIL do it. 6pm dinner and whoever cooks cleans.

Is this harsh? I think it would open her eyes and appreciate how much we actually do to plan an prepare the meals.

Should I propose this to her mother?

***EDIT*** guess I have l CLARIFY. I am NOT trying to parent her!! It was gonna be a suggestion to her mom. And I'm not telling her how to parent!! It was just an "eye opener" kinda thing.

I'm not gonna say anything to her about it, BUT I'm not gonna let some 15 year old best disrespect me. Also! It had nothing to do with the actual food I was making. It was her attitude towards the whole thing. This is NOT the first time she has mouthed off to me. Her mom has yelled at her before about it. And that was without me saying anything. It's just I was always brought up to respects elders especially when they cook dinner for you. My daughter granted she is 4 says ew I don't like this.. I immediately jump on her about it and say no that's not nice you don't say that.

Maybe what I said to her was smarting off but I don't give a damn. This girl has no respect for anyone in this house not just me and I'm not gonna let it slide!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (51-55):
MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting MommyLove23:

Nope!She needs a smack on tha mouth along with that lesson!

Yes just Bitch slap the poor child. Hitting always works.

The poor child huh?How bout the disrespectful ass 15 yr old?That's why there are so many crazies in the world today because kids aren't taught a damn thing about respect!I happen to have a 15 yr old daughter and she would never speak to me or any adult that way..You know why?Because she damn knows better!I didn't say bitch slap,I said smack,just like you pop a toddlers hands or do you not believe in that either?

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I think so too. It sucks!! Those kids do absolutely nothing to help out in this house. Their mother still makes their lunches for them. They are 15 and 18.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Leave its not your kid.

And secondly someone else should clean up since you cook
That is why she thinks her lil' ass is entitled to whatever she wants and thinks it is ok to say whatever she wants to whom ever she wants to say it too!These kids have a live in maid,not a parent..It's sad but you don't have to put up with it..

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting MommyLove23:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting MommyLove23:

The poor child huh?How bout the disrespectful ass 15 yr old?That's why there are so many crazies in the world today because kids aren't taught a damn thing about respect!I happen to have a 15 yr old daughter and she would never speak to me or any adult that way..You know why?Because she damn knows better!I didn't say bitch slap,I said smack,just like you pop a toddlers hands or do you not believe in that either?

Yes hitting means respect. oops I forgot 

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting MommyLove23:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting MommyLove23:

Yes hitting means respect. oops I forgot 

It would sure as hell teach her not to back talk..I'm not going to argue with you.You've obviously never dealt with a bratty ass teenager..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I would just make what I planned. Serve it to everyone else and set a pb sandwich for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN