Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**UPDATE** I put on make up, a nice shirt, jeans, a necklace and wore my hair down....

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

And he didn't notice... : *(   I am one of the ones whose husband married her, even though she was a jean and t-shirt, no make-up kinda gal. Six years of marriage this last November and I read the posts lately about spicing things up and actually looking decent when he comes home. Did not bat an eye.... So much for that... 

**UPDATE BELOW**

VICTORY! I told him that I was checked the status of a poor lady who posted on CM about how she wore make-up, a new shirt, her hair down and a necklace and her husband said nothing to her about it. He felt really bad and asked if it was me who posted. I said yes! He hugged me and said he did not notice the makeup, but that I looked beautiful! He was very sweet and kind to me! : ) Sometimes, I forget that they don't take hints and need more of a direct approach! Maybe, I'll find it in my schedule to look a bit nicer from now on, even if it is just for me! : ) 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes you don't notice things on the first try. Don't give up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Not that he didnt take notice, he probably just thought you would look the same and didnt bother to look up
Kind of like a habit already
Expecting the same ole same ole
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Keep at it consistently, I'm sure he'll notice. Sometimes doing something once doesn't catch their attention.

adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I'm sorry I've had that happen before and said something so now he pays attention
charmgirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
How about next time when he walks in the door and youe dressed up like that, demand his attention. Shove him up against the wall and kiss him like u two are teenagers :)
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
4 moms liked this

if  I do that ( I work from home, in sweats) mine thinks he forgot some plans we had for that night and panics trying to figure out what it is. 

Momof5kids84
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww, don't be too terribly hard on him.  Men tend to be daft sometimes.  I say, give it another shot.  Of course, my DH always notices if I try to look good. lol

Wife to a wonderful man, and mother to five beautiful children. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Kitschy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband only notices if he sees before and after. lol If he's home and sees me walking around in my Pj's then I go shower and do my hair and makeup he gets all grabby. He'll tell me how nice I look. I look like that every day when he gets home from work and he doesn't even notice. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Walk around naked. He'll notice that lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)