Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**UPDATE** I put on make up, a nice shirt, jeans, a necklace and wore my hair down....

Posted by   + Show Post

And he didn't notice... : *(   I am one of the ones whose husband married her, even though she was a jean and t-shirt, no make-up kinda gal. Six years of marriage this last November and I read the posts lately about spicing things up and actually looking decent when he comes home. Did not bat an eye.... So much for that... 

**UPDATE BELOW**

VICTORY! I told him that I was checked the status of a poor lady who posted on CM about how she wore make-up, a new shirt, her hair down and a necklace and her husband said nothing to her about it. He felt really bad and asked if it was me who posted. I said yes! He hugged me and said he did not notice the makeup, but that I looked beautiful! He was very sweet and kind to me! : ) Sometimes, I forget that they don't take hints and need more of a direct approach! Maybe, I'll find it in my schedule to look a bit nicer from now on, even if it is just for me! : ) 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Replies (21-26):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how I end fights.  I just take off my shirt.  LOL

Quoting momma-flynn:

Walk around naked. He'll notice that lol 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My SO never notices stuff like that either. He's really not an appearance person...he doesn't care one bit what a person looks like. I gain weight, he doesn't care. I forget to pluck my eyebrows for a few days, he doesn't care. So he doesn't care if I do the opposite, either. It's kind of a mixed bag. I like that he doesn't care if I gain some weight, but I hate that he doesn't notice when I lose it. lol

tennisgal
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

lol! that's my dh.

now, i have tried getting up getting dressed like it's an "errand" day and i am in a better, more productive mood...so yeah for that. 

sheymann
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Noticing isn't always great lol. I started wearing red lipstick because I loooove the color and look washed out with something and he started asking me who I was dressing up for. Not in a sexual way but in an honest-to-goodness he-had-no-idea way. *facepalm*

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

THAT is what we are having going on, here, for the most part!

Quoting nerdymom28:

My SO never notices stuff like that either. He's really not an appearance person...he doesn't care one bit what a person looks like. I gain weight, he doesn't care. I forget to pluck my eyebrows for a few days, he doesn't care. So he doesn't care if I do the opposite, either. It's kind of a mixed bag. I like that he doesn't care if I gain some weight, but I hate that he doesn't notice when I lose it. lol

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok so I totally get you feel then! I dressed up and curled my hair on Christmas and SO didn't say anything...I thought I looked great! I asked him why he never compliments me when I look pretty and he said "I think you always look pretty. I thought you knew that." That was enough of an explanation for me. :)

Quoting louzannalady:

THAT is what we are having going on, here, for the most part!

Quoting nerdymom28:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured