Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this concern you? 23 y/o dating 16 y/o

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let's say you know a guy/girl who is almost 23 years old.  This person has always had friends his/her entire life growing up that were several year youngers than him/her.  They are always the oldest in the "group" of friends.  This person is always dating someone from this group of friends or friends of their friends, the youngest being 16 and the oldest next to him/her a couple years younger.  Currently this person is dating the 16 year old with the parent's knowledge and are okay with it since they all have known each other for a very long time.

However, would you be concerned that he/she is attracted to these teenagers? Would you be afraid that they would grow up and be in their 30s/40s and still want to be with the younger crowd sexually? Or would you just think that this person will "grow up" with their group of friends as they grow up? I guess I am just concerned about whether or not this person is a pedophile who finds teenagers sexually attractive or if they are just a little immature in the mind, hence the reason throughout childhood being with the younger crowd.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on their maturity. my average bf age in highschool was 7-9 years older.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this

yeah I don't care if he was the pastor's son/daughter, they would not be dating my underage kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM
No. I was 17 and my husband was 25 when we started dating. He's almost 33 and I am in no way worried about him being a pedophile.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. I did it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Its wrong, when I was 15 and 16 I was always "dating" boys this age. They only wanted one thing like always, now I look back on it and wonder WTF they wanted with a little girl it kind of makes my stomach turn. :(

mommybug77
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Well if he came around my girls you wouldn't have to worry about it cause he'd be in jail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I'm unsure, it would depend on the situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Big age gaps don't matter as much when a couple is OLDER.  Someone in the 20's who is stupid enough to date someone underage should be arrested if they're having sex.  I guarantee he's not after her life experience...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM
It's disgusting and I wonder what they want with little girls/boys
deviljrswifey
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM
That would be a concern to me. When i see posts of that kind of age difference i can only think ok hes after that one for sex, sex only because she is young.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)