Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this concern you? 23 y/o dating 16 y/o

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Let's say you know a guy/girl who is almost 23 years old.  This person has always had friends his/her entire life growing up that were several year youngers than him/her.  They are always the oldest in the "group" of friends.  This person is always dating someone from this group of friends or friends of their friends, the youngest being 16 and the oldest next to him/her a couple years younger.  Currently this person is dating the 16 year old with the parent's knowledge and are okay with it since they all have known each other for a very long time.

However, would you be concerned that he/she is attracted to these teenagers? Would you be afraid that they would grow up and be in their 30s/40s and still want to be with the younger crowd sexually? Or would you just think that this person will "grow up" with their group of friends as they grow up? I guess I am just concerned about whether or not this person is a pedophile who finds teenagers sexually attractive or if they are just a little immature in the mind, hence the reason throughout childhood being with the younger crowd.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Replies (111-119):
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Yes I would be extremely concerned with this. Why can this person not make friends within his own age group? What attraction does a 23 year old person have for a child? I as a parent would not tolerate it and definitely not allow it.

xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:24 AM
My husband and I are 8yrs apart. I was 19 when we met. Had I been 16 and him 24? Ya I may have been concerned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM

16 is the age of consent here in my state. OP is it an older guy younger girl or vice verse? I wouldn't care but they would have boundaries. 

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM
I was 14 when I met dh, he was 18. 12 years later we have 4 children together and are very happily married! My parents were definitely not happy at first, but my bf (now dh) talked with my parents about it and they were fine after a while. It all depends on the situation I guess...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM

It;s kind of funny how your perception of the world changes huh? I used to think I was so cool cause my b/f had his own place and bought me alcohol. Now I am like WTF were they thinking?

Quoting mz23:

I could have written this myself.

Quoting chattycassie:

Its wrong, when I was 15 and 16 I was always "dating" boys this age. They only wanted one thing like always, now I look back on it and wonder WTF they wanted with a little girl it kind of makes my stomach turn. :(

Louisianamom88
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I did it myself. And then I found out that he had a kid with a 15 year old.
deviljrswifey
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Women can be that way too.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting deviljrswifey:

That would be a concern to me. When i see posts of that kind of age difference i can only think ok hes after that one for sex, sex only because she is young.

so what is the female was the older one would it stil be because of the sex ... not being a bitch just curious.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

yeah but jsut curious if you would feel the same way if it was reversed.

Now what about just being friends.? one of my best guy friends is 17 (be 18 this year) , Im 22 (be 23 this year) . Weve known each other since he 13, the year after his  mom passed. An weve been really close every since... nothing going on  but just friends. Do you find that wierd as well? Im not ashamed at all to say he is a really good friend. Hes wise beyond his years to say the least.

Quoting deviljrswifey:

Women can be that way too.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting deviljrswifey:

That would be a concern to me. When i see posts of that kind of age difference i can only think ok hes after that one for sex, sex only because she is young.

so what is the female was the older one would it stil be because of the sex ... not being a bitch just curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I have a 23yo whose mentally disabled and has the maturity of a 16yo. I don't let her date period. If a girl/boy is that disabled that they can't safely date their own age group then I don't believe they should date at all

Quoting k_hall1784:

Ummm yes. What would a 23 year old want with a 16 year old? Well, let me clarify by saying that said 23 year old is not mentally disabled. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN