Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Code Red, I Need a CM Doctor to Report to this Post Stat...Bring the Chaplain.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have the flu. Well I've concluded it's the flu, started out as a minor annoying sniffle last week, went away. Returned the other day full throttle, I feel like I need to start dividing my estate up. 😷

Runny nose

Chest pains

Back pains

The worst cough ever, which leads to gagging

Shortness of breath

Headache

Hot flashes/chills

Fever of 101.7

Dizziness/faint

My dr. is still on holiday vacation, I try to avoid the E.R at all costs, but what I've bought over the counter is not working (Mucinex)

So, is this the flu, or am I about to keel over? Both?

I fear I may have to go to the ER & sit with the Muggles :(

No smart ass answers or I'll scratch you out of the running for my gif/meme collection in my will.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM

The flu is NASTY this year! Our city has had more cases in the past week than all year last year. And the hospitals are refusing to test anyone who recieved the flu shot, so the number is definitely greater! I suggest Tylenol cold and flu- nightime, and chloroseptic cold and cough drops in the box. Good luck mama, the fever/ chills is the worst part, I was so bad that I was hallucinating!

angierose7679
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
It could be the flu or pneumonia. Both of those are goin around really really bad!!!! If you don't wanna go to the ER see if there is an urgent care around you. Better safe than sorry.
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Feel better!

Quoting wrensong:

We have the flu here, confirmed by our Dr and that souunds like what we are dealing with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why people run to the ER whenever they get the flu....Drink plenty of fluids and rest.

LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Sounds like the flu. The only thing you can really do is wait it out. It's awful, I know. I've only had it once, but I literally felt like I would die. Hope it's over soon for you. Hang in there!

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, the current symptoms set in the other day.

I've been under the weather for a couple weeks now though.

Thanks.

Quoting Sassy762:

Has it been more than 2 days for OP???

My 9 year has to take it every time he is sick, he had a chest tube a few years ago because of Strep Throat/Pneumonia

Feel better OP

Quoting wrensong:

If it's been more than two days sincee the onset tamiflu will do no good...My kids got tamiflu since they just started in, I didn't because Ive been sick since Friday

Quoting Sassy762:

You need to go to the ER......they can give you Tamiflu

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

for the flu they can't do anything anyway.  it's viral.  they'll tell you to take tylenol for the pain and fever, get lots of rest and lots of fluids.  just went through this with everyone in our house.  if you're not sure it's the flu, go to urgent care. 

mom_3.0
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Sounds like pneumonia to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bribren
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Bronchitis I just got over it and it and I had all the same symptoms. Go to the Dr and get antibiotics stat..

ffpm10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM
This. Hospitals are filling up quickly with flu patients.
Stay home and rest!

Quoting B1Bomber:

If you aren't pregnant, you don't need to go to the ER for the flu. Get lots of fluids in you, sleep as much as you can, and wait it out. Tylenol and ibuprofen will both help with bringing down a fever, and the drug stores will carry cough suppressants to help you sleep. Vicks vaporub is nice for both congestion and pain too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)