Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!
Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
TCain0001
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Op, you're right.......not everyone does this.  When I was working......and even after I became unemployed (and I have them take taxes out of that, btw......before anyone decides to bash me!), I never did that.  Anything I got back in EIC/taxes, I used to pay off all my debts that I was behind on at that time......then, if I had anything left over, I MIGHT splurge on something for the kids, or just bank it until the next round of bills came.  I've gotte EIC every year since I've had kids (all but one, and that was because dh made too much that year for us to get it), and I've never been to Disney or any other vacation, for that matter!

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Many do. It is ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

No, they go out and buy TVs, clothes and go on vacations.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not against it. Yes, it stimulates the economy more than a few extra bucks each paycheck would, but it does not help people get off pa. It's not counted as income, the only reason people would stop getting pa because of it is if they saved it for food or housing and then requested to have their pa stopped. That doesn't happen much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Absolutely. Historically, it was also a Republican backed plan as an alternative to raising the minimum wage. The original supporters thought that substantially raising the minimum wage would be hard on businesses, but the infusion of cash into a local economy via the EITC would help low income families and local economies. 

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM

And, what exactly do you think would happen with that money if the government were to leave it with the people it belongs to? 

RichMommy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM
That is still stimulating the economy.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

No, they go out and buy TVs, clothes and go on vacations.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM
We work an pay our taxes and we still get EIC If you make less then something like $42k and file married you qualify for it.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Sorry, I'll never be happy that I pay so much out of taxes for people, whom don't pay into the system, to spend my hard earned money. 

MissMissfit
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

If you get back more than you pay in, essentially you are not paying taxes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

We work an pay our taxes and we still get EIC If you make less then something like $42k and file married you qualify for it.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Sorry, I'll never be happy that I pay so much out of taxes for people, whom don't pay into the system, to spend my hard earned money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I have no idea how much I'm getting back this year but I really need to pay off about 3k in debt that is next to impossible to do for a single mom supporting 2 kids by herself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You may use it to pay off bills and such, but most people do not. They use it to splurge. Sorry, I'll never be happy about it. It's my money, and it gets wasted on other people's crap. I could use it for the same thing, and I worked for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)