Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!
Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
FL2AK
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Wow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

And what about those people who actually EARNED that money and paid it into the system who could ALSO use that money to pay off debts and replace worn-out cars and applicances and such?  Why should they have to do without?  I'm SICK of watching people brag about what they splurge on with their handouts every year while we're struggling to keep our 7-year-old and 10-year-old vehicles running for just a little while longer.  It makes me SICK.  I don't care if they use the credit to reduce people's tax burden to zero, but they should NOT be playing Robin Hood and stealing it out of people's pockets who worked for it and giving it to people who DIDN'T. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!
Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would I be happy that THEY got to spend MY MONEY?  Seriously? I coudl use it to buy a new car too-or buy a bigger house-or to help pay for MY kids to go to college. I EARNED it-why is it going from my pocket to theirs?

Oh and it IS A FORM of PA.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM

We always use ours to get stuff we absolutely need. Last year every penny went to a down payment on our SUV we desperately needed. This year we need a washer and dryer and other things for the house and hopefully enough to move...

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM

It is PA.  You get money for nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Well I understand that but you make enough according to the IRS to be able to do that all year that's why you do not get anything back, and my car is 6 years old with 111000 miles on it and runs like a top because I treat my things nicely, since you work so hard for your money why not keep the things you buy with it nice?

Quoting Diamepphyre:

And what about those people who actually EARNED that money and paid it into the system who could ALSO use that money to pay off debts and replace worn-out cars and applicances and such?  Why should they have to do without?  I'm SICK of watching people brag about what they splurge on with their handouts every year while we're struggling to keep our 7-year-old and 10-year-old vehicles running for just a little while longer.  It makes me SICK.  I don't care if they use the credit to reduce people's tax burden to zero, but they should NOT be playing Robin Hood and stealing it out of people's pockets who worked for it and giving it to people who DIDN'T. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM

and where does that money go? To the store with the TV, the clothing store and the vacation spots. All these places have employees and employers...WHO PAY TAXES and use the money to buy things too

And FYI not everyone buys these things with their EIC. Last year I put mine towards a required fence for my child care license. Nothing fun

Quoting lovinglife0682:

No, they go out and buy TVs, clothes and go on vacations.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Except nobody is ASKING for it or even trying for it.  You either qualify or you don't and the gov't just tells you what you are gettting back. 

Quoting kryptomom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Wtf are you talking about, I never said it wasn't and that has nothing to do with this post

Quoting kryptomom:

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
It would be smarter for our government to collect more in taxes than to just give people free. Money.

Quoting RichMommy:

That is still stimulating the economy.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

No, they go out and buy TVs, clothes and go on vacations.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)