Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!
Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (251-251):
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
We don't get much of it and honestly we make more than enough to be out of the qualifications for it but because my daycare income ( around $25 k a year) the way the tax guy enters it ends up looking like I profit less than 4k every year. And let me tell you It's a bitch to get any loans with those figures. I wish banks would see that the deductions they figure for taxes like rent and utilities are the same as what they figure with our other income. So they are basically adding it twice figuring we don't make enough for a house loan if that makes sense at all.

Quoting kgirl58:

Quoting Eagle293:

We do not ever get back more than dh has paid in so maybe for some but they've never paid us more than we paid out. And we have never been given the choice to accept or deny it so It's not like It's an option. Would you prefer I don't file my taxes.

Quoting kgirl58:

Quoting Eagle293:

I usually qualify for the lower amount and we do pay off some bills and have gotten a car or two. On that note I've never used pa and we always pay quite a bit in every year. So It's hardly free money for us.

The EIC is PA.

Of course not.  If you're entitled, take it.

The point is that it's PA.  It's a credit against your tax liability that those who make more that a certain amount of money can't get.  That's public assistance--the public is assisting you with your tax liability.  Just like it assists some people with their rent, their food, whatever.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured