Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!
Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Excuse me but why should I be happy about paying so that the undeserving can "stimulate" the economy? I can very well stimulate the economy on my own with my own money if in fact the economy needs stimilating. If you want me to stop hating it, then stop taking my money. No problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!

Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM
3 moms liked this
It would be better to just collect a flat tax and stop giving people money.

Quoting Anonymous:

and where does that money go? To the store with the TV, the clothing store and the vacation spots. All these places have employees and employers...WHO PAY TAXES and use the money to buy things too

And FYI not everyone buys these things with their EIC. Last year I put mine towards a required fence for my child care license. Nothing fun

Quoting lovinglife0682:

No, they go out and buy TVs, clothes and go on vacations.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Isn't that stimulating the economy?

And the year we got it we used the money to move to a different city and a better job. Because of that, we have never had it again.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM
That some of my point too is that it's not like I go and apply for EIC it's what the IRS says my husband gets back for our family, it isn't like tanf or food stamps I don't go ask for it.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Except nobody is ASKING for it or even trying for it.  You either qualify or you don't and the gov't just tells you what you are gettting back. 

Quoting kryptomom:

It is PA.  You get money for nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
You lost me at, "are able to stop getting PA"

Yeah, sure. I've never heard of one person getting off of PA because they got a refund.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

no its not. I run my own daycare business. Whatever is left from the deductions from the taxes I have to pay in I get back. Last year I used it to put towards a fence that was required by state licensing. Thank God I get a little back, its expensive to run a daycare and with the economy I have to keep my prices reasonable while my costs go up! Not everyone receiving this is on PA. I work hard for my money!

Quoting kryptomom:

It is PA.  You get money for nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

i agree we got 11 k back and used a local contracter to redo our bathrooms. They hand made the cabinets ..it looks great and really needed to be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Why so it can be pocket change to the rich and break the poor to pay taxes?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

It would be better to just collect a flat tax and stop giving people money.

Quoting Anonymous:

and where does that money go? To the store with the TV, the clothing store and the vacation spots. All these places have employees and employers...WHO PAY TAXES and use the money to buy things too

And FYI not everyone buys these things with their EIC. Last year I put mine towards a required fence for my child care license. Nothing fun

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
It helped us get off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not against it. Yes, it stimulates the economy more than a few extra bucks each paycheck would, but it does not help people get off pa. It's not counted as income, the only reason people would stop getting pa because of it is if they saved it for food or housing and then requested to have their pa stopped. That doesn't happen much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Quoting lovinglife0682:

no, not all of us do that. and even if we are getting TV, buying clothes going on vacation it is still putting money into the economy. do I have a few things i need to get with it, yes i do but one that check is put into my hand it is my money to spend as i want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)