Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Even if you don't understand it or you are against it, you need to realize it stimulates our economy!!!
Lots of family's use the extra money to pay of debt and are able to stop getting PA because they paid of debt thanks to the extra money, others but new cars, make down payments on a home, but there kids the extras they don't get through out the year. I just think some of you need to stop hating it so much because you don't get anything and be happy for those of us who do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Weird, we're gonna replace our nasty old carpet with easier to clean hard floors.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

No, they go out and buy TVs, clothes and go on vacations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Lots of people only get it because there monthly debt is so high, so once they can pay off the debt they can in turn afford the basics like food!!

Quoting Anonymous:

You lost me at, "are able to stop getting PA"

Yeah, sure. I've never heard of one person getting off of PA because they got a refund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM
All the people around here use it to buy random useless crap and down payments on Cadillacs that will be repossessed by the end of the year.

Lmao @ ghetto people.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Some also need to relize that ever one that gets the eic credit is not get back more than they paid in. We get the eic credit and we pay some where between $3000-$4000 in taxes a year and only get back $1200 with that credit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Just because someone said they were using their tax refund to go to Disney, it doesn't mean they get EIC.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, they go to Disney.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM
You must know different people than I do. The majority around here have no intention of getting off of PA and paying for their own food is considered damn near sinful.

But I'm glad some people use it for positive changes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lots of people only get it because there monthly debt is so high, so once they can pay off the debt they can in turn afford the basics like food!!

Quoting Anonymous:

You lost me at, "are able to stop getting PA"

Yeah, sure. I've never heard of one person getting off of PA because they got a refund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I've never been on a fucking vacation in my life. I am smart enough even at tax time to realize I cannot afford one. Im too busy using my eic to pay off the higher education that was supposed to get me a great job

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM
That is still a luxury. We put hardwood in and had to save our own money. Our country is broke. Cuts need to be made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Weird, we're gonna replace our nasty old carpet with easier to clean hard floors.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM
No body understands that, my dh pays in around 9500 and 10000 and we get back about 6 I don't know why we don't get it all back when we get the EIC but we still pay in and get a refund

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Some also need to relize that ever one that gets the eic credit is not get back more than they paid in. We get the eic credit and we pay some where between $3000-$4000 in taxes a year and only get back $1200 with that credit. 

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM
The government is broke. They cannot afford to keep giving away free money. We all need to contribute.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why so it can be pocket change to the rich and break the poor to pay taxes?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

It would be better to just collect a flat tax and stop giving people money.

Quoting Anonymous:

and where does that money go? To the store with the TV, the clothing store and the vacation spots. All these places have employees and employers...WHO PAY TAXES and use the money to buy things too

And FYI not everyone buys these things with their EIC. Last year I put mine towards a required fence for my child care license. Nothing fun

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN