Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your dh lazy about doing HIS chores?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My dh's one household chore is to handle the trash.  Well, instead of taking out the trash where it belongs he is leaving it on our front deck, right by our front door, in large black bags.  Four of them have piled up now.  Also, we just got a new microwave.  He has left the old one on our front deck also.  We have carpool friends come to our house to pick up the kids for school.  So embarassing. I wish he'd have a little more pride for where he lives.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

He does his "CHORES" as you call it without having to be reminded to do any of them.

My-mono-twins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Yep, I have "chores" and so does he. When I need help I have to tell him what I need help with OR it wont get done!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Quoting danie24:

He doesn't have any set chores. He just helps with whatever needs to be done.

Sometimes I will ask him to do something and he forgets. No big deal, I just do it.

I really can't complain. He just spent his last few vacation days piling wood in the basement, installing baby gates, lowing crib and playpen, shoveling our huge driveway and cleaning up around the house.

I would also be embarassed if my garbage was piling up like that.

What is his reason for not doing it? He's not really "forgetting" if he's walking past garbage mountain every morning before work. lol

Oh I'm sure he's "forgetting". lol It's kinda hard to miss.  He always waits till the last minute, or when it's piled up so much that it's overflowing out of our large kitchen trash can before he'll finally do it.  I refuse to do it cause I'm stubborn and it's not my job, and I won't! Dh is at work right now btw, so I can't ask him to do it now.

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My DH does not have chores and I do not make him lists for when he is not working. I am a SAHM and do it all. He does help out though when he is off. Not because I ask or expect, but just because he wants to. We didn't set our marriage up like this either, this is how I choose to have it.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I work, husband is laid off. He does the majority of the work and he does a good job. Took a few serious discussions about pulling your weight, but it worked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

He does his "CHORES" as you call it without having to be reminded to do any of them.

So, what do YOU call it? 

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I married a man, not a child so he doesn't have chores.  If something needs to get done, he does it on his own.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

No, he is very responsible about housework. We worked hard for this home and he wants it taken care of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My dh doesn't have chores although he does take the big garbage bins to the end of the driveway every Monday night.  Sometimes he brings them back and sometimes I will depending on if I need the recycle bin or if the kitchen garbage needs to be emptied. 

My dh does know I like help after supper picking up the kitchen, vacuuming the living room rug and sweeping the kitchen and living room floor.  Those are the 3 things that when done, I don't care how the rest of the house looks.  And it gives me time to do other things because those things are off my list!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I work, husband is laid off. He does the majority of the work and he does a good job. Took a few serious discussions about pulling your weight, but it worked.

Good. He is not the king and you are not the serf.  Seems most men need the reminder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)