Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your dh lazy about doing HIS chores?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My dh's one household chore is to handle the trash.  Well, instead of taking out the trash where it belongs he is leaving it on our front deck, right by our front door, in large black bags.  Four of them have piled up now.  Also, we just got a new microwave.  He has left the old one on our front deck also.  We have carpool friends come to our house to pick up the kids for school.  So embarassing. I wish he'd have a little more pride for where he lives.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

He does his "CHORES" as you call it without having to be reminded to do any of them.

So, what do YOU call it? 

Being part of a family =)

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, he is very responsible about housework. We worked hard for this home and he wants it taken care of.

You're lucky.  I wish my dh had some pride in his house.  He just doesn't care.  I don't want to live in a pig sty. He is also VERY lazy about fixing cosmetic things around the house. for example, the moulding around the front door has been off for years and he refuses to do it because we have a deadbolt on it which does pose more of a challenge to do it right, but he's just too lazy to do it.  I would screw it up if I tried to do it myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM
psh you and me both. Ill ask so to do simple shit while I'm at work or school because I do EVERYTHING while he works in the summer.
he doesn't do shit. or if he does he half asses it. like yesterday he did HALF the dishes.
I'm like really?
and I even said I clean the whole house just do the damn dishes please.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

lol, no dh is really good about 'his' chores. I'm glad dh does't do that. I have an ex that did and I don't miss it. sorry he does that to you momma

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

psh you and me both. Ill ask so to do simple shit while I'm at work or school because I do EVERYTHING while he works in the summer.
he doesn't do shit. or if he does he half asses it. like yesterday he did HALF the dishes.
I'm like really?

how frustrating!  Maybe you should start doing half his laundry. lol

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We don't have chores.  If I see that the trash needs to go out, I'll do it.  If he sees that there's dishes in the sink, he'll do it.  I try to do most of it so he doesn't have to, but either way we don't have set things we do.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM
lmao funny you bring that up.
couple weeks ago I asked him to wash specifically my black Victoria secret hoodie pants whatever. reminded twice In one day. make sure you throw my outfit in there please.
did he do it? nope. jerk.
so I'm like fine. I stopped doing his laundry and only washed me and dds stuff.
about a week later I asked him to get the clothes together and do some laundry. he did it without the usual argument. I asked him why. he's like because its the only way my stuff will get washed. lmfao, now you're catching on buddy. haha

sometimes they need to be treated like children like that. there great guys otherwise but there's like one thing that just drives you fucking NUTS :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm like really?

how frustrating!  Maybe you should start doing half his laundry. lol

brittany208
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Well, he doesn't always hop to it, but he's never THAT lazy. and in fact, I just woke up this morning to see he cleaned the whole kitchen for me after I said "I'll deal with it tomorrow" and went to bed :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM

My dh doesn't do regular chores. He will occasionally do something, but I don't give him regular chores, because he doesn't follow through. So instead of me being mad at him all the time, I just do it myself. I do 99.5% of all household chores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)