Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your dh lazy about doing HIS chores?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My dh's one household chore is to handle the trash.  Well, instead of taking out the trash where it belongs he is leaving it on our front deck, right by our front door, in large black bags.  Four of them have piled up now.  Also, we just got a new microwave.  He has left the old one on our front deck also.  We have carpool friends come to our house to pick up the kids for school.  So embarassing. I wish he'd have a little more pride for where he lives.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM

All I can say is DO NOT take the trash out, let it pile up for the rest of the year if you have to!  ONE FALSE MOVE and it's your chore forever!  LOL.  My Dh has that one chore also and it took years of training before he stepped up.  Sad but true.  I had to resort to all kind of tactics.  The one thing that almost undid all my work was when I decided to do his chore for him.  I think I should form a support group, Women Married to Spoiled, Lazy Brat Men.  LOL. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM

He doesn't have chores but when he's home he cleans up whatever needs to be clean, he is OCD so he isn't messy lol I try to keep the house really clean so he doesn't look for stuff to clean lol 

AMDS0304
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Why don't you take it on to the trash can? Instead of just letting it sit outside you live there as well. My dh don't really have chores he works out of town. But there is no way I could just let it sit out front. He usually picks up after himself but if he left something laying around I would just pick it up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao funny you bring that up.
couple weeks ago I asked him to wash specifically my black Victoria secret hoodie pants whatever. reminded twice In one day. make sure you throw my outfit in there please.
did he do it? nope. jerk.
so I'm like fine. I stopped doing his laundry and only washed me and dds stuff.
about a week later I asked him to get the clothes together and do some laundry. he did it without the usual argument. I asked him why. he's like because its the only way my stuff will get washed. lmfao, now you're catching on buddy. haha

sometimes they need to be treated like children like that. there great guys otherwise but there's like one thing that just drives you fucking NUTS :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

psh you and me both. Ill ask so to do simple shit while I'm at work or school because I do EVERYTHING while he works in the summer.

he doesn't do shit. or if he does he half asses it. like yesterday he did HALF the dishes.

I'm like really?

and I even said I clean the whole house just do the damn dishes please.

how frustrating!  Maybe you should start doing half his laundry. lol

Haha! Sounds like he finally got a clue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

All I can say is DO NOT take the trash out, let it pile up for the rest of the year if you have to!  ONE FALSE MOVE and it's your chore forever!  LOL.  My Dh has that one chore also and it took years of training before he stepped up.  Sad but true.  I had to resort to all kind of tactics.  The one thing that almost undid all my work was when I decided to do his chore for him.  I think I should form a support group, Women Married to Spoiled, Lazy Brat Men.  LOL. 

LOL I need that support group!  Your dh sounds like a real piece of work!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

My husbands only chores are to go to work and fuck me. He does both super well.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM

yeah he's not half assing his "work" in our house.  He was getting pissy until I politely pointed out to him that his NG career has sabotaged his civilian career, therefore I am the one who has provided the stable, steady income for the length of our marriage, and if it was the reverse he would be expecting me to do the same. He pouted for a day, told me  I was right, and has been on the ball ever since.  I help out on the weekends with chores but during the week he cleans and cooks, and once I'm done working I take over baby care.  We are the reversal of 1950s families.  It's working out though!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I work, husband is laid off. He does the majority of the work and he does a good job. Took a few serious discussions about pulling your weight, but it worked.

Good. He is not the king and you are not the serf.  Seems most men need the reminder.

artistmom27
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I used to have that problem with my DF but we talked about the value of an organized home and if I was going to keep the rest of the house nice, his job would be to take care of the trash. He still needs an occasional reminder, but he is getting better.

Jewelrymom236
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Household chores?? DH doesn't have any. I do everything. Oh sorry he helps a little with the cooking on the weekend.
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM
He's great in that department.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured