Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I swear I'm going to scream!!! X(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I can not for the life of me get my kids (10 and 11 year old boys) to do anything around the house. Their room is a disaster area, they throw their clothes, back pack and shoes down when they come in from school. I have taken everything I can think of away from them, they don't seem to care. If they sat looking at a wall all evening, as long as they didn't have to actually get up and do anything, they would be perfectly happy. The 11 year old is the most whiney kid I have ever met. I mean everything is a disaster!! From not being able to find his shoes to getting dressed in the morning. The 10 year old is just different. I am thinking maybe he is either bipolar or something along those lines. One minute he's the most loving and helpful child to raging because I have asked him to pick his socks up or feed the cat. I have an appointment set up with his pedi to see what's wrong or have him referred somewhere that can help explain why his moods swing like they do. Like I said, taking every fun thing they have away does no good. We don't have TV, so they don't sit in front of it at all. I give them supervised time on the computer if they help out, but they don't even seem to care about that like they used to. I have even threatened to take away their after school activities if they didn't straighten up. I am disabled. I can only do so much. I do what I can when I can. I cook and keep the kitchen cleaned up daily, the bathroom at least once a week and keep the laundry done. I will pick up the living room when I can, but doing the other things is pushing it for me. I literally feel like I'm going to have a heart attack sometimes while washing dishes and sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.

I have made chore charts to help keep them on track, I have begged and pleaded, I have taken everything away, I have rewarded when they actually do accomplish something. I don't know what to do anymore. Dh is about useless around the house because "he's the man, he works for a living" Ugh. Yet he knows I'm sick but complains sometimes when the house is messy. I feel like a failure as a wife and mother. :( I'm mostly venting, but if anyone has any ideas that might get them to help out more, it would be appreciated. I'm seriously about to give up and commit myself.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)