Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just vacuumed my cat..and she loved it AND other odd pet stories.

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 234 Replies
3 moms liked this

Yep, she loves it.

She also wakes me up in the middle of the night so that I will turn on the bathtub faucet. Sometimes she sleeps in the tub waiting for me to just happen by. She meows a meow that I would swear sounds like a unique "water" sound.

She used to play fetch like a dog when she was a kitten. She's forgotten how to do that. She's 15yo now.

After a scare when I was wearing a dress with big flowers on it (back when that was fashionable), for about 5 years she would run and hide when I wore anything with flowers on it.

She is afraid of birds, but she's never met a stranger when it comes to people. She thinks people are great!

What's your odd pet story?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I wish I could get close to my husky with a vacuum I would vacuum all her damn shedding hair every day lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I kind of sneak up on her, but a cat is a bit differentt than a Husky!

Quoting Fields456:

I wish I could get close to my husky with a vacuum I would vacuum all her damn shedding hair every day lol

-42-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
My cat sounds like she says 'Mom' when wants me. She hears my bedroom door open and I hear 'Mom' 'Mooom' and there she is.....She also thinks I get lost between getting her food and puttin it in her dish. So she runs in front of me, stopping every now and then to give me the 'come the fuck on' look.

My black lab-chow mix is terrified of wind and storms. He tries to get UNDER my couch when it storms. And he gives high fives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
5 moms liked this

when we lived on the farm still, ernie, my springer spaniel, would go out and find wild kittens, and then bring them home (very little kittens, just barely walking) and drop them on the porch and bark until i came outside then he would look from me to the kitty and back again, whining, as if insisting i take care of his baby for him. 

freak. we now live in town and he has his very own cat.

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM
10 moms liked this

I think my chinchilla is gay. He loves to look at my SO when he's naked, complete with running up to the edge of his cage, gripping the bars and trying to shove his face through. But he runs and hides when I get naked.

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
My lab loves blankets. She'll grab it and cover herself up. Even her head. Crazy. She also like to sleep on the top of the back couch cushion. Oh and when she was little, she would sleep in DS's bouncy seat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM

my one cat, that passed on used to jump into the shower with me.  she would sit on the ledge of the bath tub.  then jump in behind m.  i used to have to pick her up and throw her out. 

my cat that i have now has food aggression.  he didnt have a full bowl of food so i took the bowl from him to fill it up and he snapped at me lol.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM

my male cat plays fetch for hours lol and he loves for us to massage his paws and gums . 

harehelper
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I have a cat that loooves to go outside in the rain. As in, if he hears rain start to hit the roof he will RUN to the door and beg to go out. He will sit under the table on our deck and catch the rain in his mouth, LOL.

lucsch
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Oh, I love this!

Quoting D.O.E.:

when we lived on the farm still, ernie, my springer spaniel, would go out and find wild kittens, and then bring them home (very little kittens, just barely walking) and drop them on the porch and bark until i came outside then he would look from me to the kitty and back again, whining, as if insisting i take care of his baby for him. 

freak. we now live in town and he has his very own cat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN