Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are trying...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 69 Replies

...to concieve! It's all pretty hush and almost no one knows. No big announcement, most of our relatives haven't even been told. Just my parents, my best friend, and DH's boss. Otherwise, we are super excited to be having baby # 5 sometime in the near future. :)

Mostly we aren't really telling anyone because we are afraid of being ridiculed. Somehow, living with my parents (who are okay with this but still), and I am in college, and we currently recieve snap benefits, doesn't exactly make people excited for us. But this is our last one and I am still going to attend classes. I just figure while we still have all our baby stuff and would only have to buy diapers and wipes, it would be the best time. Then I'll graduate and we will be off any kind of assistance. DH does work full time but for bottom wages on cars. None the less, we are excited. This way we have a full family and don't have to worry about re buying all our baby gear or figuring out maternity leave, etc. 

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM
hmm well i hope all works out for you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm only curious why on earth you felt the need to inform your DH's boss you're ttc. I'm not commenting on anything else I read...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
5 moms liked this

So you can't feed the kids you have now by yourself,  you can't live on your own but it seems like a good idea to breed more!  That makes perfect sense....to an insane person!

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Good luck with all that..I guess..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Of course you are going to be  ridiculed. It's irresponsible when you cannot afford the kids you already have.

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM

It was Dh's response to his boss telling him to start training for team leader and work up to assistant manager. Dh said "Thanks, we are going to need it since we are ttc"

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only curious why on earth you felt the need to inform your DH's boss you're ttc. I'm not commenting on anything else I read...

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

imvanilla
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm walking right back outta this post that is full of dafuk statements.

But not before I say dafuk is wrong with you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Ffs, too many idiots in the world.
ffpm10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Why don't you start supporting the family you have so far?
Everyone is correct in not being excited for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM

But we will afford it and so much more when I graduate. It's just that I don't want to start a new job and then ask for maternity leave. I'd get fired.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course you are going to be  ridiculed. It's irresponsible when you cannot afford the kids you already have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured