Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My 21 month old has been walking around the housing saying numerous cuss words lately, I've tried getting onto her but what do I do? She hears her dad and everyone around her cuss and as many times as I tell them "LITTLE EARS!!" It never matters. She is saying words like...fuck, fucker, shit, ass, and she's even called me a bitch :( Any suggestions on how I can teach her that these are BAD words? If I pop her she laughs. I've thought about maybe trying something like putting a dab of soap in her mouth. Haven't yet but debating the idea. Wwyd?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Replies (61-67):
lamommy23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My 3year old will get mad at the dog and. Yell "fucking dog!" I try not to laugh Bc it sounds so funny and ik she learner it from me so now I just watch what I say
_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
ROFL! Riigghhtt!

Quoting Anonymous:

Poor kid.Not even 2 yetad all the adults in her life are failing her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
You really sound like a gem.

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yes, I pop her on the diaper, I'm her mom not you. You shouldn't feel bad for her, she'll grow up knowing her wrong from right unlike most of today's kids. You know, the 10-14 year olds you see posting half naked pictures on Fb flipping the bird with a tongue ring in their stuck out tongue. Mine won't be one of those kids, sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

You "pop her"? Assuming pop means hit, I feel awfully sorry for your daughter. Two years old with a sailor mouth and getting hit by her mom? Good work!

_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Thanks(:

Quoting Anonymous:

You really sound like a gem.

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yes, I pop her on the diaper, I'm her mom not you. You shouldn't feel bad for her, she'll grow up knowing her wrong from right unlike most of today's kids. You know, the 10-14 year olds you see posting half naked pictures on Fb flipping the bird with a tongue ring in their stuck out tongue. Mine won't be one of those kids, sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

You "pop her"? Assuming pop means hit, I feel awfully sorry for your daughter. Two years old with a sailor mouth and getting hit by her mom? Good work!

HouseMa
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

You must be so proud to have a husband who swears in front of his kid...and doesn't care.

_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM
He's working on trying not to. I nag at him enough about it that he gets tired of hearing me. Starting today when he slips up he pretends to pop himself in the mouth and makes a point to tell her "Bad word daddy!" Lol.

Quoting HouseMa:

You must be so proud to have a husband who swears in front of his kid...and doesn't care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I suggest that everytime she hears one cuss tell her that,that person said a bad word and if they have the others permission to let your lil one hit them on the hand for it she will stop. I have a 3 yr old that loved to say oh shit, fuck but thats because she heard it from me. I started letting her spank me in the hand everytime i said a badword and no lie it has worked great with her , she no longer cusses:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN