Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I should be be ashamed....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Of my life, is what my SIL told me!!

Back story: my dh finally got a job last July after two years of looking and accepting many temp jobs etc. we have a 3 year old dd and 6 month old ds (got pregnant when one of his jobs was permanent but then the company went under with no advanced warning). We receive Wic and fs and insurance for the kids through the state. Hubs is part time, waiting for full time to open up, when it does we will be off all assistance!!!

So SIL tells me I should be ashamed because IM so poor I can't buy diapers.....I cloth diaper, by choice, not necessity! I did when dd was a baby when dh had a full time good job because I prefer cloth! I told her this so she goes off on how I make my own detergent not buy it. Same with cleaning supplies. Those I do because I find it to be cheaper and the homemade detergent is great for cloth diapers, again not out of necessity.

She goes off about me for other things too, I make my own baby food, I walk with kids in stroller rather than drive, because gas prices suck and well I could lose a pound or two :-)

All this hating on me started when......I had the first boy in her family!!! She has 5 girls. She had a mc with her 2ND pregnancy @7 weeks (she tells everyone that was a boy so really she had the first boy). IM at my wits end! I love my inlaws they are great and she use to be!!! I just don't know what to do. IM finding it hard to be nice and not tell her off because I don't want drama in our family but ugh this is getting old.

Ok rant over!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM
She is jealous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MoMofTWOkiddos
by Cindy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Jealousy momma. Don't let it get to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yeah sounds like she's jealous, I'd just try to avoid her. Noone needs someone around who talks to them like that.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Sounds a bit bitchy! I do all of those things too, and also did them when we were not poor. 

TAG_ur_it
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM

none of those things are any of her fucking business.  you should no more be ashamed of those things than she should be of not doing them.  personal preference.  there's no need for her to be a bitch about it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I do/did most of those things and we're not poor.

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Jealousy like that almost killed my relationship with my sil. She'd lost a baby some months before dh married me. I met her at the wedding, with my 6 month old dd.
Mane matters worse, her daughter was named Eliza.
My daughter is named Elizabeth.

Just go with it until she works through the pain she is feeling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured