Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my daughter is a hoarder!! :-/ is this normal?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this
She's 2 years old and has this box that she will stuff things in... any where from a sippy cup to blankets... and its not just boxes she will stick things in bags and dresser drawers... idk what to do... its getting out of hand.. today I emptied out 2 boxes, a back pack and 3 grocery sacks full of random crap... is it normal for 2 year olds to be doing this??? Or is it just my DD?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's normal. Sonia turned 3 today and she does this. Before bed I have to destash her bed and empty out her dresser drawer. My son, who is 20 months, also has a hidey hole. The remote regularly dissapears into it, along with other random electronics. 

PEEK05
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM

While my kids don't do this, I do not think it is abnormal.  I'm sure it's fairly common. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

shes discoverd she can put things in things and maybe thinks shes helping you .i think its normal toddlers are funny little things my ds is three and does it sometimes too .

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Completely normal. LOL.

I also found that it is normal for them to line things up at that age too. My DD was obsessive about it.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It's normal at that age.  My daughter used to collect rocks, lol.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilys_mama1222
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM
This makes me feel better she has been doing it for about a year now. I thought it was cute at first until she started to want to carry her stash around with her lol now it's just annoying

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I think it's normal. Sonia turned 3 today and she does this. Before bed I have to destash her bed and empty out her dresser drawer. My son, who is 20 months, also has a hidey hole. The remote regularly dissapears into it, along with other random electronics. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
My dd1 does this
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
It is very normal :)
Lilys_mama1222
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Cute DD does that with coins and things with like colors lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Completely normal. LOL.

I also found that it is normal for them to line things up at that age too. My DD was obsessive about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)