Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I thought women were stupid!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Be honest: What do you think of women BEFORE the liberation movement?

I am reading a book written by a woman in 1833. It is a non-fiction book on how to be a frugal house wife. It has so much more and I am honestly amazed by it. Everything in my history learning was that women were forced to be ignorant and that is why the woman's liberation movement didn't happen until women could be taught through schooling. This woman was very much intelligent and she has awesome words of wisdom even for today's world.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

i never thought they were stupid. I thought they were denied opportunities that they should have had.  Lots of things contributed to this - lack of birth control, male dominated culture, lack of schooling opportunities, society in general.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

There were just as many intelligent women then as there are now.  The difference is that now women have a choice as to what they wish to do with their lives and their abilities.  Back then, there were no choices available in those areas. They could not get an education, they could not pursue careers, they could not make the active choice as to whether they wanted to be a intelligent frugal housewife or an intelligent CEO.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

They were very smart back then.  They just weren't allowed to express themselves the way we are in today's world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I think they had it right back then.
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Why would women be not intelligent back then and intelligent now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I never thought they were stupid....until I joined cafemom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)