Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your baby watch TV?

Mobile Photo

I do. In the picture, he's watching Bubble Guppies.
He also likes Star Trek: Voyager and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But Bubble Guppies is his absolute favorite.
He's 6 months old, btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Oh yeah, and my son loves the intro songs to all star treks. For the next generation, he dances for the whole song until the ship flies by the final time, then he just stares at it with his mouth open :) Go baby Trekkies!!

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

We havent started Deep Space Nine on Netflix yet. He loves the intro song for Voyager, though lol.

Quoting Keara20:

Our kids would get along great. She's a Trekkie in training and loves those shows. She also loves to watch myth busters with daddy. She's more of a ds9 fan than voyager.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

No, I see no reason for babies to watch tv. While we are fine with tv in moderation, we don't want them hooked on it so we introduce it later and slowly.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
My 1 yr old love bubble guppies
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Yep. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Peppa Pig, Pokoyo, Fresh Beat Band, and of course Dora and Diego. She also likes Franklin and Little Bill but I try to avoid those because they are so booooorrrring. 

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

my 9 month old son LOVES baby first tv and watches every morning...he watches a few shows with his brother like Sesame Street or bubble guppies but he plays a lot throughout the day too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The 4 month old I watch loves TV. It is sad that the only way he relaxes is if the TV is on. Oh well. I hardly doubt it is going to cause major damage.

MissMal1
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Yes, our TV is always on, he's 4 months and it just seems to catch his attention once in a while.

It's alright with me right now, as I have run out of things to keep him busy with in the house, and he takes ALL of my time. If it gets me 5 or 10 minutes to myself, I won't complain.

Once spring comes, I want to have him outside with me a lot. I am looking forward to a busy summer and expect that he will enjoy tagging along. Before it got too cold to take him outside, he loved being outdoors, never gasped for breath or anything. Just slept while I carried him around and helped with the livestock.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

both my kids LOVE baby first and the nice thing...it's educational!

Quoting Anonymous:

Baby First TV :)

Not too much, of course. But he does have a couple favorite shows.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I sat my 6mo in her carseat in front of Barney. At first her eyes got big and she seemed to like it. Shortly, overstimulation set in and she started crying. LOL Or, maybe it was just Barney she didn't like. She really did not watch TV until she was 2 or 3. I've never been one to limit TV time, but my kids don't seem to want to watch it 24/7 anyway. They have many interests.

Josie_P
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM

She isn't interested. She'd rather make trouble :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)