Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your baby watch TV?

Mobile Photo

I do. In the picture, he's watching Bubble Guppies.
He also likes Star Trek: Voyager and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But Bubble Guppies is his absolute favorite.
He's 6 months old, btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My dd loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Yep. My 8mo twins LOVE Rugrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachelle91
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM

My son liked it when he was a litttttle baby. but once he got mobile he hates tv. He cant sit still long enough to get into it. hes almost ten months old so we will see if that changes or not.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I watched that series 3 times while I was pregnant lol. The voyager theme is pretty.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

We havent started Deep Space Nine on Netflix yet. He loves the intro song for Voyager, though lol.

Quoting Keara20:

Our kids would get along great. She's a Trekkie in training and loves those shows. She also loves to watch myth busters with daddy. She's more of a ds9 fan than voyager.

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

My daughter is nearly 8 and we've always let her watch age appropriate tv, inc the shows designed for babies with a lot of music and word repetition.  I think that's part of the reason she had a vocabulary of over 100 words well before her first birthday.  She doesn't watch shows that are too old for her, for instance, she doesn't watch Supernatural with us but is a huge Mythbusters fan.  She's very intelligent and doesn't zone out to the tv.  In fact, at 7 years old she already reads and comprehends novels.  

She is JUST starting to want to watch Star Trek with us.  She finds some parts a bit scary yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

nope. my DD is 6 and I still dont allow it. I know she watched TV when she goes to her fther's house, or to his parents house..

I buy DVDs and let her watch those-

at that age she was allowed to watch baby einstein DVDs

RMC007
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I did. I would put DD in her round-a-bout exerciser thing (whatever you want to call it) pop in a Baby Einstein DVD and take a shower.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM
We always have learning cartoons on when they are awake. But they only watch when there is a song and for 5 minstrel before they are off playing and doing their own thing.
pokemongirl0191
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM

so does mine she loves anything with mickey mouse

Quoting xoxoDanicaxoxo:

My dd loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

bear.katten
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Yep. As soon as DS wakes up he watches a Baby Einstein that is 25 minutes long. It gives me time to wake up, make coffee and breakfast and eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)