Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have dental implants?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I desperately need work done and I'm just wondering if anyone can share their experiences? Is it painful? What did it cost? Etc..

I'm going to be booking a consultation, but want an idea of whether or not I can even afford the work.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Bump
Sunshine201
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I had a molar pulled last year ad I need a dental inplant...until I found out they wanted $4,000 for it!! I leave it alone for now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
It is very expensive my brother got his front teeth done and it was a little over 20,000.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I am having one placed in March. It's going to cost $2,000. I had a tooth with a root canal become abscessed. If it hadn't been infected they could have placed the implant when they took my molar.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
How many teeth was that?

Quoting Anonymous:

It is very expensive my brother got his front teeth done and it was a little over 20,000.
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I have post implants. It wasn't painful after the narcotic shots.
Be sure to ask around to find a good dentist. Ask about key parts of the procedure.
Do they offer gas?
Do they do the qtip numb stuff before the shots?
Are they stingy with meds?
Good chair side manner?

Make the time to actually get comfortable with your dentist, and don't judge by the hygienist. I am of the opinion that cleaners are mean on purpose!

I've had good and bad dentists. I've found older dentist to be better, as they have seen more and won't tell you you aren't in pain like a younger one.
They will do payments and do the work in steps if that is what you need to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I have them on my top. They cost a total of $10,988 with tax. I was down for a day for pulling of the ones left after the accident and then had to return a week later after the swelling went down for permanent implanting.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I used to be a dental assistant. Its about $3000 per tooth - $1500 for the post and $1500 for the crown. Sometimes insurance covers it, sometimes not. Its really a better long term option than a bridge because it helps maintain the bone and you don't have to grind down healthy teeth. Recovery depends on your situation. If bone grafts are needed it's more painful and the healing process is longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM
It's implants or partial denture, I need two teeth replaced on either side of a current bridge.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I used to be a dental assistant. Its about $3000 per tooth - $1500 for the post and $1500 for the crown. Sometimes insurance covers it, sometimes not. Its really a better long term option than a bridge because it helps maintain the bone and you don't have to grind down healthy teeth. Recovery depends on your situation. If bone grafts are needed it's more painful and the healing process is longer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured