Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Don't you think people that constantly nitpick their daycare should stay home with their kids? Obviously no one can do things the way they want it so they should stay home with their kids. No one said working is easy but being a daycare provider is very hard too!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Not everyone has the option to stay home with their little ones or I'm sure they would..,
Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I agree. I have a mom that calls 3 times a day to check on her son. She really needs to be home. It's too bad they can't afford it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Umno.. those parents practically pay the equivalent to a home mortgage every month to have someone care for their kids. I think they have a right to "nitpick" honestly.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM

At home daycares are probably hard. I worked in big daycares, those jobs are fun and easy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I know, right? I pay $615 a month for daycare, and I'll say what I damn well please!

Quoting BEXi:

Umno.. those parents practically pay the equivalent to a home mortgage every month to have someone care for their kids. I think they have a right to "nitpick" honestly.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
You have to look at both sides. People feel they are spending a lot of money and their kid should get special attention. But the owners are usually just in it for the money, so they pack the kids in as tight as they can. The teachers are caught in the middle, trying to please both and ending up pleasing neither.

It's the same way in the schools anymore, except schools aren't trying to make money, they're trying to conserve the tiny bit of money they get...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Whatever.. My Bff has done daycare for 24 years and the parents are usually the problem not the kids. She keeps her rates low to be nice and people take full advantage. It's unreal the stories she has told me over the years. I worked full time forever but always really really tried to really appreciate my daycare provider.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, right? I pay $615 a month for daycare, and I'll say what I damn well please!

Quoting BEXi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I have parents who want their kids dressed like their kids are going to spend hours in a snow blizzard, building igloos, when it is like 40 degrees and drizzling. They flip out when things get lost, but they refuse to label things, or teach the kids to recognize their own clothing. They complain that they child is playing alone, they complaing when their child is playing with other kids, and blame the other child for their childs behavior. They see only their child, and do not realize there are many children that the teacher is responsible for. I would love my job, if not for the parents. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Group care is just that, group care. If you want things your way, get a nanny. 

Quoting BEXi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Exactly!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Group care is just that, group care. If you want things your way, get a nanny. 

Quoting BEXi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN