Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding favors!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
What kind of wedding favors did you have? What are some you have seen and really liked? What about the worse ones? About how much did you spend on yours?

I'm trying to decide what to do for mine. Ill upload a pic of one that I like, but I want more ideas :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I like this one ;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Bump!
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
My dad made strawberry and black raspberry jams and we canned them and wrapped them in ribbon.

They were awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM

We made soy candles. We put them in small glass candle holders that had our last name and wedding date etched.  We then wrapped them in tulle tied with a ribbon.

I can't remember how much they were.  Expensive.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Spend your money on things your guests will actually use in their house or something tiny.  Things I have liked are candleholders, a rock that had the word love on it and personallized matches with the bride and grooms names date and  a cute saying, I think it was "a perfect match".  Things that I think are useless are engraved glasses, sorry I don't want to drink from those or display them in my house, waste of money. Always nice are candy bags or a mini takeout box filled with candy.  A family wedding that had kids invited had coloring pages and crayons at the placesettings where the kids would be.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I like this one ;-)

That is nice, but looks pricey and well, we usually finish a bottle of wine at a sitting or use one of those pumps that take out the air so it wouldn't get much use.  Just more clutter that eventually gets tossed. 

pampire
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

We haven't had a ceremony but the best favor I ever received at a wedding was a custom burned CD.  Half the tracks were "groom's side" and the other half "bride's side."

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM
We donated to breast cancer in lieu of favors. Favors are usually chintzy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I'm having a super kid friendly wedding. I planned on having coloring books and crayons for the kiddos. I wasn't wanting to get anything personalized bc I know it's somewhat cheesy. . Majority of my people are wine drinkers so that's why I was leaning towards the wine stopper. (Not personalized).

Quoting kikibix:

Spend your money on things your guests will actually use in their house or something tiny.  Things I have liked are candleholders, a rock that had the word love on it and personallized matches with the bride and grooms names date and  a cute saying, I think it was "a perfect match".  Things that I think are useless are engraved glasses, sorry I don't want to drink from those or display them in my house, waste of money. Always nice are candy bags or a mini takeout box filled with candy.  A family wedding that had kids invited had coloring pages and crayons at the placesettings where the kids would be.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We did personalized bookmarks and people got to bring home our center pieces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)