Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (51-60):
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Its pretty popular. But its classic sounding and it will grow with the child, if that makes sense.

Quoting tinarob:

My sons name us Carter too I've never been told its feminine lol. I've never heard the name before I had my son in '09 and now I've met 4 other people who named their son Carter who were also '09 babies lol

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a son, who's name is Carter. I have yet to see a girl with that name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kels1023
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
We're thinking about allyx for a girl. Which is kind of a guy name. Just spelled differently. And my friends daughters name is Jordan
autodidact
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I love the names of the characters on Sisters: 
Alex(andria)

Teddie(Theodora)

Georgie(Georgia)

Frankie(Francesca)

and Charlie (Charlotte) 

Bre
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Iv been told the spelling of our sons name is the girls spelling but he goes by Kodi his full name is Kodiak. But many think he is a girl by just seeing his name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Ashley Shannon and Allison used to be boy names too. I've heard a little girl named hunter

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM

My oldest is Dana. Yes I know two girls and two boys with that name. It is gender neutral.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM
My daughter is Courtney. The only other Courtney I have ever met is a dude.
I'm not sure which one of us has it backwards. Lol
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM
2 moms liked this
My oldest daughters name is Evangeline but we call her Evan for short.
Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I knew a boy with name of Addison when I taught. It was a pretty much s masculine name  name until fairly recently.

Believe it or not, my name, Allison, was a boys' name hundreds of years of go, meaning "son of Alice" but obviously now it is strictly a girl's name.

I'm 37 and went to HS with a girl named Ryan who was accidentally placed in the boys' dorm at our college lol. Back then, it was unusual for Ryan to be a girl's name, but not so much anymore...

Personally, I prefer names that indicate girl or boy upon hearing them, but many pepole do not. It's all a personal decision. My son's name is Donovan. No one will ever get confused and think he is a girl based just on his name lol. My girl's name ( just in case) was Gianna, which s clearly feminine.

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Yes! I just replied about this with regards to Allison, since I am an Allison. People don't believe that it was once a boys' name, but it really, really, was- albeit a long time ago. ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ashley Shannon and Allison used to be boy names too. I've heard a little girl named hunter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured