Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (491-500):
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I have only known boys named Riley.  =)

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

My boy has a girly name....at least I have seen more girls than boys with it. It's Riley.

popculturemom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
My youngest DD is named Brennan. There is one boy in her daycare class named Brennen (but he goes by another name). They are the only two children I know with that name. We gave Brennan a very feminine middle name so she has an alternative if she grows up hating it [i have two unusual boy names, and I hated it growing up; I always wanted some very generic, common girl name].

Also, my oldest DD has the middle name Quinn, which is fully unisex. I know more girls than boys with that name, but it is equally popular for both.

As much as I hated my name growing up, I rather like unisex names, at least when they are paired with a more gender-specific name. Though I guess it doesn't really matter what I like. My children-naming days are over. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
megs2boys
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

When I was in highschool I had friends that were guys named Ashley, Courtney, and Lindsey all of which i consider girl names!

AugustMidge
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Technically our DD has a boy's name, or at least as uncommon as it is when it is seen its normally referring to a male. However who am I or anyone else to judge what is boy or girl. I figured no one else asisde from my DH and I needed to agree on names. Although we did have issues with family disliking the name we choose. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

AmberAcree
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
My sons name is Carter and my daughters name is Kooper. I don't know any little boys with that name or spelled that way. We lover her name and think it fits her perfectly!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chane_L
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM

i have a boy carter too

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

My niece is named Carter, named after a friend of my sister and her dh that died while they were in middle school.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a son, who's name is Carter. I have yet to see a girl with that name.

jessica31876
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM

My granddaughter is named Austyn Bailey. Both considered boys names. My daughter and son-in-law got the name from the song Austin by Blake Shelton. While I really like names that have either a defenite masculine root for boys and femenine for girls I think the name you are given is really personal and nobody should say something to another person about what they name their kids. My kids names are Crystal, Matthew & Nickolas (spelled that way so if he wants to go by Nick). I remember growing up a friend of mine's mom was pregnant and she named her daughter Sidney and I had a friend my age who was a boy named Sidney and knew both a male and female Leslie (the guy went by the name Les though).

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

My friend's daughter is named Carter :)

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a son, who's name is Carter. I have yet to see a girl with that name.

"I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams"

Kirstyttc
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I dont think addison sounds boyish at all! and i would never call a boy addison nor have i met one My niece's name was going to be Dylan whether she was a boy or girl, but they ended up calling her Megan, My friends dads name is Kimberley and i know a boy named Maddison. My brothers ex nmed her daughter Cody and a girl i worked with her kids all have boys names, Jordan, Coby  and i forgot the other one

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

My daughter is Shiloh which I have seen boys named. It just sound more "girly" to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN