Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (521-530):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My daughters name is Aubrey.  It's a male name.  My grandpa would call her a him all the time to pick on me.  He had an uncle with the name.

ms.keisha17
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
That's a different way to spell it just don't add the E like u did lol.I don't know anyone name Charlie but I pick that name cause it was my dad name he passed when my mom was pregnant with me
Quoting MommeeTo4:

Loving my kids and my husband like there's no tomorrow!
XoiyaCreations
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah no kidding and very good looking.  he's my favorite too.

Quoting jessica31876:

Actually Trace Adkins changed his name to Trace. His is also Tracy...my favorite singer and farrrr from femenine LOL

Quoting XoiyaCreations:

my husband's RN is Lynn but he goes by Alex.  And there is Tracy Byrd, Trace Atkins, and Tracy Lawrence (male country singers), and they don't seem to mind their names.

cabsmom10
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
My name is originally a boy's name: Bryn. My ds1 is Cameron (a unisex name), dd is Brooklyn and ds2 is Declan.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LisaSmock
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM
My little boys name is Reilly

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

My boy has a girly name....at least I have seen more girls than boys with it. It's Riley.

singlemotherof8
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

My name can be for both and yes, i know a man with not only my first name but that same last name as me and spelled the same way also.

bcbmami
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I had a girl in my class who's name Was Carter. She's the only one I know, boy or girl

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a son, who's name is Carter. I have yet to see a girl with that name.
Emmaleigha
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
My son doesn't have a girly name and my daughter doesn't have a boy name but I know a girl named Tristan, a guy named Mackenzie, I have a sister named Bayleigh (Bailey) (I know at least 3 girl with the name), a girl named Tyler, a girl named Spencer, and a lot of guys, girls named Jordan, a girl named Blake, I have a niece named Logan, and a girl named Codee.
Sorry if that was a lot haha
XoiyaCreations
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

well all these names are better the Cocoa, Apple, and whatever all the hollywood parents are naming their kids now a days.

hayliedlr
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Quoting LucyHarper:

It is to me and just about everyone I know. 

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

It just sounds soft and feminine to me. Also, I've only ever known girls with this name. I can see how it works both ways but it definitely isn't noticeably masculine.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Robin is a derivative of Robert and is the name of so many well known guys I don't know how anyone could think of it as a girls name.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Robin is 100% girls only name here in my region of the US.  However, I know in other regions it is predominately male.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

I know two female Robins personally(1 is my cousin and the other was my bff in school) I knew of a few other Robins in my school also female. I never met a male Robin. I can see it going knob g both ways too aka Robin Wiliams
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)