Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (531-540):
chantel_lance
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I have a Rylan and he always gets called Rylie
mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Sort of! Her name is Rylynn. I wanted to name her Ryan but hubby said no to boyish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
My sister name is robin and my sil mom name is robin. I only know it as a female name

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

ronvot
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Doesn't apply to my DS but my mother's name is Frankie...that's it, no middle name and it's not short for anything. A lot of people see that as a boy's name and it's funny because my dad's name is Sam (as in Samuel) and A LOT of people think my mom is Sam (for Samantha) and my dad is Frankie. Lol!

And then, making matters more confusing but adorable IMO, my brother is also named Sam after my dad and he named his younger daughter Frankie-Marie in honor of my mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I have a boy name (Toni) and to this day hate it. I got made fun of a lot. I have met 2 girls with my name but many boys. I think some names are good either way though
Ryleighmykle
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
My son also has a girly first name it is Ryleigh .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
LOL!! My brother n law is named Brandon, he passed away a month before she was born. I do love 90210 though!

Quoting Anonymous:

Girl named Brandon?? You like 90210? I love it - I'm watching it right now - I watch it every day

Quoting Anonymous:

Never heard of Addison for a boy, all girls here with that name.

Conner( my niece) & my girls are: Avery, Bailey, Morgan, Dylan & Brandon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have triplets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have two friends with little girls named Ryan but one spells it Ryanne
OwensMom05
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
My daughter's name is Emerson. We call her Emmie or Emme for short. It's technically a boy's name but I love it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)