Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (541-550):
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM

My son is named Cace, which is the traditional Gaelic (Irish) spelling for the boy name of Casey. Many women are also named Casey (like Casey Anthony). I think it is one of those Irish names that tends to be pretty GN though. No one has ever given us a hard time about it and people seem to really like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I know two guys with the name Frances.  Which is typically a girls name.   Also two guys with they name Skylar which is usually a girls name. 

I love unisex names. 

IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

If my ds would have been a girl, I would have named him Aubrey, which used to be a boy name (at least in England) but I've never acutally met a boy Aubrey, but lately, I have seen lots of girl Aubreys.

JKronrod
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Our daughter's name is Alexandria, but she goes by "Alix" which sounds -- although it doesn't look like -- a boy's name. 

Julie122
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

My ds is Julie...her old pediatrician used to always tell me he had an uncle named julie...hmm

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
There is no "used to be" about it. It is a males name that people have attempted to make a girl name. It means son of Adam. How can a female be a son?
I have Chloe and Bethany. If this baby is a girl she will be Mattie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My six-year-old name is Logan. She is a girl. Everyone assumes she is a boy. When she started kindergarten they had all her stuff labeled in blue her class buddy was a boy. Everyone else was was matched with the same gender. You would think they would look on the admission sheet to see if they were a boy or girl?
Medusa686
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I went to middle school with a boy named Alexis. Real nice kid.

billiejo79
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I know 2 Riley's and their both girls. I also went to school with a guy name Riley. When I think of that name I don't think of it more of a girl name but a gender neutral.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

My boy has a girly name....at least I have seen more girls than boys with it. It's Riley.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Both my boys have girl names. Parker and fallon. I love it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)