Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (761-770):
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM
My oldest is Alexandra, but we call her Alex.

My youngest is Morgan, which is traditionally a male name but it is becoming more common for girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenamy
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My daughter, has a unisex name.. Sasha

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Quoting SaraCVT:

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

My aunt's name is Robin. I tend to think of it in the female. But once upon a time, Robin was a boy's name--remember Christopher Robin? So I guess it's swinging back the other way.

Robin is still a well known boys name, Robin Williams, Robin Brockway, Robin Cook, Robin Finck, Robin Gibb, Robin Roberts, Robert Soderling, than theres all of the fictional ones, like Christopher Robin, Robin Goodfellow, Batman and Robin, Robin Kermit the Frog's nephew, and Robin Hood. 

AlilKittyKat
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I know a guy named Sasha.   It seems that a lot of people are using traditional male names for girls more and more recently; Ryan, James, Jordan, Taylor, Morgan etc..

Love and Light

=^..^=     

MsLogansMommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

One of my best friends has twins named Jamari and Jamoya those are unisex and I love them

Quoting imablowe:

I happen to be a complete fan of unisex names as well as boys with girl names and girls with boy names.  When having my children I wanted all of their names to be similiar and unisex.  I like the fact that someone cannot discriminate against them based on name and heck most of the time others do not know if they are male or female.  Anyway, my 4 daughters names are:

JayDen S'myine - 7

Jordyn Serenity - 4

Jaylyn Skylar - 13 mths.

Johanna Scarlett - 5 weeks (could not find another J name that was unisex that I liked)

Jennb7111
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

my sons name is Tristan

jak3739
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM

My husband's name is Drew.  Growing up in the late 70's and 80's he hated it because Drew Barrymore was popular and so he considered it a girl's name.  However, other than Drew Barrymore, I don't know any other girl Drew's.  Still he was very ademant that our children have names that were definitly feminine or masculine.  So we have a Mary and a Samuel.

nikkitta320
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I've always hated that my name (Nikki Laine) is gender neutral so I made a point to give my daughter a name that I felt was unmistakably feminine, her name is Clara Fae.

I have an Uncle Shannen and always thought it was a boys name until I went to school with a girl Shannon, to me it still feels like a boys name. My Uncle Shannen's brother in laws name is Jamie, not short for James. I also know a few male/females with the names Casey, Jamie, Stacey, Lynn, Quinn, Carol, Kim, Clare, Jolyn and so on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Quoting MomOfNolan:

We're expecting another boy in June, and I'm thinking I like Finnley, and call him Finn. My husband thinks that Finnley sounds too girly, what do you think?

I love the name Finnley and I think it is a great boy name. The nick name Finn is great too! It was on my list of boy names :)

jeepninja
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

My DD name is Jordan and my DS name is Devin. Jordan is a very popular name for both boys and girls. Devin isn't completely uncommon as a boys name but I originally saw the name in a book about a girl named Devin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)