Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (771-780):
addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting SaraCVT:

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

My aunt's name is Robin. I tend to think of it in the female. But once upon a time, Robin was a boy's name--remember Christopher Robin? So I guess it's swinging back the other way.

Robin is still a well known boys name, Robin Williams, Robin Brockway, Robin Cook, Robin Finck, Robin Gibb, Robin Roberts, Robert Soderling, than theres all of the fictional ones, like Christopher Robin, Robin Goodfellow, Batman and Robin, Robin Kermit the Frog's nephew, and Robin Hood. 

So....point proven. It's a unisex name, no one is crazy. lol

kjfamily
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
My name is Kelly and it can be a boys name .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting SaraCVT:

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

My aunt's name is Robin. I tend to think of it in the female. But once upon a time, Robin was a boy's name--remember Christopher Robin? So I guess it's swinging back the other way.

Robin is still a well known boys name, Robin Williams, Robin Brockway, Robin Cook, Robin Finck, Robin Gibb, Robin Roberts, Robert Soderling, than theres all of the fictional ones, like Christopher Robin, Robin Goodfellow, Batman and Robin, Robin Kermit the Frog's nephew, and Robin Hood. 

So....point proven. It's a unisex name, no one is crazy. lol

It's actually a boys name, some simply thought it would be cute to put it on there girls. 

mannysmum
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM

My nickname is Nikko and usually people hear it and say it is a boy's name.  I have known two guys with the name Nico (Nikko is a girl's spelling). MY fiance and I named our son Nheikoh-Eih'Mannuel (pronounced Nikko-Immanuel) and we have recieved soooooo many compliments about how beautiful but masculine it is. baby boy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM
My daughters name is girly but her nickname is a boys name.
Jenn_A
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Quoting AdiKoniarz:

My daughters name is Nova, and her pediatrician thought she was a boy... We have had to correct her multiple times, and even when we dress her in all pink + earrings, some people still think she is a boy. My s.o.'s best friend's name is Morgan Blair. Sounds super feminine, but he's a guy.

Nova? I'd never see that as a boy's name...

MomOfNolan
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Thanks! It's the one name we can agree on most! My husband's best pick is Nile. I'm not a huge fan, but it makes me think of Niles from Frasier Crane. :)

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Quoting MomOfNolan:

We're expecting another boy in June, and I'm thinking I like Finnley, and call him Finn. My husband thinks that Finnley sounds too girly, what do you think?

I love the name Finnley and I think it is a great boy name. The nick name Finn is great too! It was on my list of boy names :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomOfNolan
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Thank you! That's what my husband thinks, it's -ly sound at the end I think! I just feel like there should be more to Finn but I don't care for Finnegan either :/
Thanks for the input :)

Quoting myangels2:

My girlfriend who's due with a boy in March is naming her son Finnley. I think Finnley does sound girly, but I LOVE Finn by itself for a boy!

Congrats on your boy to be....:)

Quoting MomOfNolan:

We're expecting another boy in June, and I'm thinking I like Finnley, and call him Finn. My husband thinks that Finnley sounds too girly, what do you think?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love_My_4_Boys
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Two of my boys have names that are now popular girl names. Their names are Taylor and Bayley.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

We are naming our little girl Sage but we are adding an I, Saige.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured