Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (781-790):
Jettsmom2010
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM
My sons name is Jett. I don't see that one ever being a girls name. LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I thought it was a girls name.  

I personally would hate to have a boy name.  I love that my name is pretty and girly.  Krista

If we have a girl I want to name her andrea and call her annie.  MIL wants to call her andy and I am not happy about that.  

averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:45 AM

My son's name is Avery which is kind of an old man name...or used o be. I never heard of many kids either gender with his name until the day he was born...that same day a little girl was born two doors down named? You bet Avery

averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I like lil girls w boy names. If Avery had been a girl it would've been micheal. These days names really often go either way. 

ragdoll13
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Someone tried to tell me DS middle name was a girl name.  Lafayette.  I don't think they knew anything about history or been to LA.

Blackburn3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM
My dd name is Mackenzie. I get told all the time that is a boys name but never meet a boy named Mackenzie. My ds name is Logan, I was told that it was a girls name but I know no one personally w/ the name Logan as a girl.
piercedbeauty21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Thank you :)

Quoting Kerrigan357:

Oh wow, Miah Lynn is a beautiful name!!! 

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

My dd doesn't have a complete "boy" name. My dh's name is Jeremiah, so we took the "Miah" from his name and made it dd's first name, and her and I share my middle name "Lynn". I think her name represents both of us and how much we love her, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

oma4perks
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM
My daughter "Ashley" has a boy name I don't know nu boys by that name. I know George Hamiltons son is named Ashley tho
momof4boyzs
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM
My best friends sister named her son Addison, he's 20 now
momof4boyzs
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM
My sons name is Chase, also have another son named Brady. I have never heard Chase for a boy but also never heard Bradi for a girl until a boy started at daycare an that was his moms name.

Quoting sheramom4:

I have a girl named Chase and a girl named Addyson...I only know one boy with Chase and I don't know any boys with Addison or Addyson...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)