Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (801-810):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I think traditionally Robin goes well for a boy or girl.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM
My dds name is Kelsey. The only male Kelsey I've ever heard of is Kelsey Grammer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM

youngest dd is sam or sammy (really samantha, but no one ever calls her that unless she is in trouble)

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I've met a boy addison. I have a Winter and a Hazelle...but up until a week before Hazelle was born, she was gonna be named Charlie, and my son will be named Sawyer(which some name their daughters)so yeah i like the unisex trend lol. 

lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:03 AM

is this name girly Lendale?

Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I like the name Charlie for a girl.

kayla4507
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:05 AM

My sons name is Vincent. Never knows a female named such. 

military quote Pictures, Images and Photos

"Sometimes freedom makes it hard to live, when it takes things from you that you don't want to give"

Cicciabella
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Nope, no "boy" names here for a girl. It's not even allowed here where I live (Scandinavia), boys can't be given female names or girls male names. It's the naming law or whatever you call it. And it's pretty damn strict if you ask me....frustrated Oh and Robin is a male name here. 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I worked with a girl name Joey. No, it didn't stand for anything. It was just Joey.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I don't consider it to be a girls name at all, traditionally, its a masculine name.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I think traditionally Robin goes well for a boy or girl.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)