Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You have $94

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To grocery shop for 1 month. Family of 5, one is a year old. No allergies. What do you buy?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Lots of bread, pasta, sauce, some cheese, lots of eggs and milk. Frozen veggies.. If there's some money left over, ground beef and chicken. Maybe a can or two of tomatoes. Dry packages of soup.. And potatoes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I hope you coupon....alot.

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Well just about anything can be made from scratch so I would look into what I could buy to make things I wanted... for instance if I knew I would be making pancakes, waffles, biscuits, for breakfast I would be buying flour and some other ingredients instead of just buying them pre made to save the money. I would also not buy any produce in the store but instead go to a market or a local farm that allowed working for exchange of vegetables and fruits. They do have those google them! That would be my suggestions!

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I would go get help. That is not enough to get by for a month even bargain shopping unless you know how to extreme coupon.
.lovemybebes.
by :) on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Ramen.

Lots and lots of Ramen.
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Meat, basics like beans, rice, pasta, canned tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, tuna, milk, butter, cheese,
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Quoting RollingStone:

Beer.

Yeah, I would definitely need it. Lol.

Just a lot of simple meal things that you can make big amounts of. Spaghetti can last for days, homemade soups, tuna noodle casserole, etc. If you make things from scratch like cream of soups, pancake/biscuit mix, spaghetti sauce, then you can really stretch your dollar. I also like to buy whole chickens. I use it for the main course of one meal and then take the rest of the meat off to make other things...chicken and dumplings, chicken noodle soup, sweet and sour chicken.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry, that would be slim picking for a week in our home.

mstricey
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Lots of canned veggies and ramen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I buy gas and go check out the food banks, then work on getting a better job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)