Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You have $94

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To grocery shop for 1 month. Family of 5, one is a year old. No allergies. What do you buy?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oh wow momma, I'm not sure. We spend $500 a month (give or take a few dollars) for a family of 4. That's including our bigh monthly trip to Costco.

Photobucket
Duckyteers
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Where do you live?
Pm me if need. I have fed my family of 3 adults 3 kids for 80-90 when needed

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. We make too much now that we started getting disability for my oldest son. Same for food stamps. I was trying to figure it out without using any of "his" money so that can go towards other things for him. If that makes sense.

We were only on fs and wic a short time trying to get back on our feet but the minute his disability kicked in they took it all away, not that we got much anyways.

No bashing please. One child is in school.

I have the basics, cases of water, flour, sugar, seasonings, some canned/frozen veggies, some pastas and stuff. Probably enough random stuff to through together to get us by for a month anyways. Was just looking for some options, what others would do.

I just feel guilty using money that is for ds1 to feed the family.

Quoting Duckyteers:

Do you get Wic?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM
This isn't a long term thing. Should be resolved in 2 months hopefully. But I am selling stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

A month . I'd be selling shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Pennsylvania

Quoting Duckyteers:

Where do live?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. We make too much now that we started getting disability for my oldest son. Same for food stamps. I was trying to figure it out without using any of "his" money so that can go towards other things for him. If that makes sense.

We were only on fs and wic a short time trying to get back on our feet but the minute his disability kicked in they took it all away, not that we got much anyways.

I have the basics, cases of water, flour, sugar, seasonings, some canned/frozen veggies, some pastas and stuff. Probably enough random stuff to through together to get us by for a month anyways. Was just looking for some options, what others would do.

Quoting Duckyteers:

Do you get Wic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Make chili! A big pot of it! Ramen soup cups, canned fruit - mandarin oranges, pineapple, etc. Make burgers and hot dogs, cereal, spaghetti, bread (stuff for PB&J). To go with the spaghetti you can make your own garlic bread by buttering a piece of bread and sprinkling some garlic salt on it and whatever else you like and just throw it in a toaster oven for a couple minutes...frozen pizzas that are on sale...
waffa
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM

dollar store all the way for canned/dry and the rest on meats I can freeze.

Duckyteers
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
What stores can you get to?

Quoting Anonymous:

Pennsylvania

Quoting Duckyteers:

Where do live?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Duckyteers:

Do you get Wic?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I'd buy flour, rice, beans, oats, and whatever fruit/veggies I could find super cheap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
chicken quarters, rice, beans, pasta, canned pasta sauce, eggs, bread (it can be frozen and shoprite has their store brand white bread at $1 per loaf), cheese, store brand instant oatmeal, peanut butter
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I know you feel that it is 'his' money, and that's true in some respects, but that money is meant to help support him. It's like state child support, that's how my worker explained it to me for my son. So after all of his financial needs are met what is left over to help out the household. The household he lives in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Duckyteers:

Do you get Wic?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)