Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rape. A couple questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
Is it possible to heal (emotionally)?
Will you ever be the same?
What if you can't stop reliving it/ thinking about it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I think it's possible to heal from rape, but it's not easy and if you don't have the tools and support it can feel impossible. I haven't been raped, but I know a lot of women who have been. Some are doing ok with it and some aren't. Have you been raped? Do you need support?

chelsea52011
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Yes it is possible to heal emotionally.
I am the same person now that I use to be before it happened it just took a while and I still do have trust issues.
I dont really think about it. And talking about it really does help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I believe so I did, I'm essentially the same person just more aware. I don't even think about it anymore.
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, it is possible to heal. I have an 18 year history of rape and sexual abuse. It will never go away completely, and you likely will never be the same. But the person that you can become can be a better, stronger person. It is a part of your life story, and it's impossible to erase. But that doesn't mean the scars can't become less painful. 

If you are unable to stop thinking about rape and sexual assault, please seek mental help. You are likely suffering from PTSD and patterns of problematic thinking. This can be resolved or at least greatly improved through therapy. If you need access to a support group, please PM me. You will receive no judgement. I am part of a great group for survivors. We are awesome, helpful people, and we're here for you.  

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Yes. No. Therapy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Yes. Yes. Speak to a therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I'm healed but I'll never be the same again. I may seem like the same but every once in awhile I have bad days.

MoMofTWOkiddos
by Cindy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I was raped by my cousin when I was 12(I'm 30 now)

It took me a LONG time to heal. To be honest, I'm not completely healed nor will I ever be! I do have a beautiful family now that keeps me going the direction I need to. I have trust issues with male figures tho. My DH is very understanding too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Yes, but I've talked about it. It hasn't helped.

Quoting lalaboosh:

I think it's possible to heal from rape, but it's not easy and if you don't have the tools and support it can feel impossible. I haven't been raped, but I know a lot of women who have been. Some are doing ok with it and some aren't. Have you been raped? Do you need support?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM

NO, you never do heal(mine was 25 yrs ago)  It also turned me into a real man hater, and YES, I have gone on and off counseling over the year.  I have a teenaged dd now, and I believe I went overboard teaching her about how to protect herself and to be careful of these "boys" that may hurt her. I have a TON of anger in me still.  I do not always relive it, however, once in while it comes back and angers me that many blamed ME.  I was also left with the HPV virus, a lovely thing that comes back to haunt me even though my rape was at age 23 and I am turning 49 this year.  I do have a husband, we have issues,, MAJOR ones, but I still think the majority of men are pigs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)